Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alright, how about some suggestions on how to put something together with shooters that play? I know Steve Anderson plays, and mentions on his website he'd like to do something along this line. I wish he'd chime in on this. What do all of you think? A monster jam? Maybe a CD to sell and donate all the proceeds to the Junior program? Whatever. Throw some ideas around. I think a lot of shooters would buy something like that just to help the junior program, and just the sheer novelty of a bunch of gun heads making racket. Even if it WAS terrible, which I actually don't think it would be.

Could we submit .wav files or MP3's to a central location and make them available for download to benefit the juniors? Maybe a CD would be better.

(By the way, last year my wife bought me a new AR for my birthday. Maybe the Strat is next!)

Edited by Eastkoy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

played guitar for 25 years till the carpel tunnel made me quit. Two surgeries and a year later I cannot close my fingers on the fret board. Here is what my music room looked like before it became a gun room. Nothing more fun than an jam session with friends.

This is getting weird !

I can only speak for guitars players but I dont think there is much difference from playing guitar and shooting ipsc. For one, guitar players are never really there for the band. We "dry practice" nightly to get better and "faster" and use the band "format" as a stage to show off our superoir licks over the next guitar player !!Ha Ha :lol::lol:

There is lot of simularity in the repetition type practice. I've been practicing some sort of

repetitious task nightly for 80% of my life ,guitar and now dryfire....Filling the void !!

Concious ,slow ,perfection, for perfect subconcious !!!

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

I can only speak for guitars players but I dont think there is much difference from playing guitar and shooting ipsc. For one, guitar players are never really there for the band. We "dry practice" nightly to get better and "faster" and use the band "format" as a stage to show off our superoir licks over the next guitar player !!Ha Ha :lol::lol:

I don't see any similarities. Speaking as a drummer, guitar solos amount to musical masturbation. In ipsc, we play with our gun..., uh never mind! :lol:

message sent to Bigsaxdog:

Small world. Made my living as a Sax, flute, Clarinet, Bassoon player in Denver for 10 years (BM University of Denver). It was a ball. Now I work in corrections. In my interview they asked what experience I had with Felons. Had to smile. Still play weddings with my wife who is a Suzuki violin teacher (MM Denver Universtiy). I have a set of Selmer Mk VI sitting waiting for my son. Same perfectionistic things that make you a musician make you a shooter. Nate

What's the difference between an orchestra and a bull?

On a bull the horns are in front and the a$$hole is in the rear.

oh, yeah.....that's a good one!!! :rolleyes: just did an pops orchestra hit a week ago, kinda apropos.....know about the felon thing too....."when there's no honor among thieves, you know there's something rotten in the state of Denmark"......or something like that! B)

Edited by bigsaxdog

• 7 months later...
Was in the drum core (tenor drum and roto toms) in high school, played bass in jazz band (this one time at band camp...) Took a year of classical guitar, took two months of blues/rock. Had an all girl band (complete with militant lesbian drummer) thru high school to early college. We got to do a 45 minute afternoon filler when they reopened the Fillmore in San Francisco....that was cool. I have some wav files from the band someplace....I'll try to find a place to share them as mp3's. I was listening to them the other day and realized that it's been so long since I last played (probably 10 years) that I don't even remember how to play half of my own songs! And I was a hack guitar player to start with. Geez, that's sad :( The only thing I do now is sing with a women's choir.

Okay....So back in April I flew out to San Francisco to meet up with the core members of our band. Turns out the lead singer had a stroke that should of killed her but didn't and she was having a "re-birthday" party in celebration. I met up with the important people from my high school years at the same time. Oddly most of them moved to the bay area...in particular, I got to see a ex-boyfriend that dumped me in a less than nice fashion. Oh yeah, it rocked to show up looking like a lean, mean, dancing machine!! :lol: Yup...see what you missed out on suckah! :sight::lol: Anyway, I've kept in touch with the ladies from the band. It turns out I was the secretary, keeping most of the boom box recorded live performances. I sent them to said former boyfriend who now works as a music/art consultant for corporate websites and he managed to engineer a few of them into listenable quality (although they still have that raw garage sound). To help our lead singer pay for her recovery therapy, we made a my space page with some of the songs sampled hoping that someone may be interested in covering them on some future music project. We're also talking about doing a reunion show in San Diego for a mod/scooter rally in June 2009....

At any rate, without further delay.....here are the song stylings of Everybody Violet...... The first, second, and fourth songs are ones that I wrote. The others are ones that Anni (the other guitarist) and I put together with the lead singer providing both melody and lyrics.

Don't ask me about the name, my vote was to call our all girl band The Whoopsie Daisies....Come on! That's the perfect name for an all girl band!