Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played guitar, bass, and drums in high school. Mostly drums.

Gave it all up when I discovered sex required much less natural talent. :rolleyes:

Ahh so you're now a soloist.

Nah. He switched to playing the skin flute.

....Or was the the bonophone?

Was in the drum core (tenor drum and roto toms) in high school, played bass in jazz band (this one time at band camp...) Took a year of classical guitar, took two months of blues/rock. Had an all girl band (complete with militant lesbian drummer) thru high school to early college. We got to do a 45 minute afternoon filler when they reopened the Fillmore in San Francisco....that was cool. I have some wav files from the band someplace....I'll try to find a place to share them as mp3's. I was listening to them the other day and realized that it's been so long since I last played (probably 10 years) that I don't even remember how to play half of my own songs! And I was a hack guitar player to start with. Geez, that's sad :( The only thing I do now is sing with a women's choir.

How many guitar players does it take to screw in a light bulb? Ten. One to actually do it, and 9 more to stand around and talk about how much better they COULD have done it.

Wait a minute, I'm confused, are we talking about guitar players or shooters??

I'm not a musician.... or so the guitar and bass players tell me... <_< Played drums for 22 years ;) Haven't played in a year or so - basically, I've just gotten frustrated trying to find people that are serious about what they're doing AND that have talent and can write. Not easy to do at all. In the end, relying on myself makes me happier, so shooting is a better fit for a guy who's writing strong point is arrangement...

But, if I can find a good spot, I would certainly play for the physical exercise (in my primary choice of music.... saying I hit hard is an understatement....)....

alright, this is one of my bad ones.....hope i'm not stretching it too much, but here goes..... :devil: what's the difference between a chick singer and a ferrari???....most of the cat's in the band have never been in a ferrari!....

Principal flute of the Puerto Rico Youth Symphony. Not talented enough in sports so band, choir (baritone) and reaissance ensemble put money in the pocket through college. Son of a harmony and conducting Ph.D. there was not much choice for me and my brothers. Started music school at age 9.

Instead of a high school class ring I got a super nice Yamaha flute. It's still here somwhere...

"Entre musicos te veras..."

:cheers:

Played guitar for the last 17 years :surprise: Don't play much anymore but in my hayday bands that I was a part of have shared the stage with the likes of: Snot, Fear Factory, Incubus, System of a Down, Life of Agony, Coal Chamber, Stuck Mojo, Halfway to Gone and COROSSION OF CONFORMITY. My dirty secret is that I've even been on the same bill as Jackyl and LA guns!!! Sold all of my "stage" gear to buy bullets :angry2: Clint

I only wish I had a good comeback for Mr. Pharaoh Bender-Over B)

LOL! Reminds me of Ben-Hur...........OVER!

Micah, you must be referring to the Dover twins ....................... Ben & Ileane. B)

You are joking about Ben and Ileane Dover. This is the honest to God truth. In Jackson Georgia there is a real estate agent named Ben Dover.

I always wanted to be a musician, but it didn't work out, so I started playing drums. :rolleyes: I've quit playing for now for mostly the same reasons as XRe. Musicians are the biggests flakes on the planet and it's really hard to find good people to play with. That and I'm too old to be going on stage at midnight and being out until 3 in the morning when I have to go to work the next day.

You can find some of the stuff I've played in recent years on my Website

Stuck Mojo

Heh heh... beat you to that one, man... :D Of course, I knew those guys before their first record deal, and the stages I shared with them were cheese little clubs in Atlanta (most or none of which still exist, IIRC) :lol:

We opened for Dream Theater, Steve Vai, Lillian Axe... I'm sure there's a couple of others in there, too, that I'm missing, but.... When we opened for Vai, he indirectly said something nice about us... We went on first, and there was another band in between us and him. Mid-way through the other band's first song, he comes busting out of his dressing room and yells at his manager - "If they're not off the stage in 5 minutes, I'm not playing!!!!" We played our whole set, so presumably he didn't do that to us... :lol:

Ok, this one and I won't tell anymore. How do you know there's a drummer at the door?

Because you ordered a pizza.

:rolleyes:

How can tell the stage is level? The drummer drools out of both corners of his mouth ;)

How do you shut a guitar player up???? ;)