Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music Diploma from High School 1969. Voice major for a while in college. Have played guitar and 5 string banjo since I was 12. Played C&W and Blugrass for years. Worked in a recording studio. Played and engineered on some cool recording sessions. Met my wife-to-be while playing Bluegrass in a bar in 1979. Traded my banjo for a sailboat. Sailboat's gone now. Guitar's in the case, only makes infrequent appearances around the house.

I bought my first guitar at age 20 in 1971, I now own two, that one and an Ephiphone of nice tone. It is probably an exaggeratio to say that I can actually play the guitar. I can approximate the sheet music for about a dozen bits of music.

I just learned to the fastest tempo for the free Solo Blues piece that Justin Sandercoe has posted on YOUTUBE. It has taken me about three weeks.

I shoot better than I play I think.

edited to fix my typing which is not much better than either my shooting or playing

Edited by Michael Carlin

Have played guitar for something like 20 years. I've been in several mostly metal,

alternative bands through the years in different positions, lead, vocals, bass,combo of all, etc...

My fithteen minutes, original member and songwriter for OneSideZero...

Gave it all up for shooting!!! :D

edit- oh ya, and marriage.....

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

masters degree in performance(saxophone)...all the saxes, flutes, really average clarinet(i can't even spell it)...ex-navy musician....lotta jazz gigs....Disney....been fired from everywhere(not exactly fired in the normal sense, most free-lance players get fired every 4 hrs., you dig?)... just played w/ the fla. orchestra tonite, Gershwin pops series, "Rhapsody in Blue", etc. (whatta bunch of pri$%s). shooting and playing has always had some definite similarities. i really dig the development/understanding of specific techniques.....sometimes the game/ego thing gets pretty old, just like among musicians. for the ones that can really play, proving it doesn't mean much, at least not in the generic sense. it's like what Duke Ellington said about jazz (harley davidson stole this one)..."if you gotta ask, you'll never know...."

Self-taught guitarist since I was 13, though "guitarist" is stretching the term a bit. Folk way back then, now I mostly play in church, used to play bluegrass (rhythm - Tony Rice I'm not) and would like to get back into it. Even with this background, every time I see a good deal on a Telecaster I start reaching for my credit card...someday I might actually pull it out. ;)

I just had some thoughts of a big a$$ jam at Nationals one year, just open mike improv. I just think logistically it would be hard, but doable. I'll bet there's others that play, a bunch more.

Self-taught guitarist since I was 13, though "guitarist" is stretching the term a bit. Folk way back then, now I mostly play in church, used to play bluegrass (rhythm - Tony Rice I'm not) and would like to get back into it. Even with this background, every time I see a good deal on a Telecaster I start reaching for my credit card...someday I might actually pull it out. ;)

+1 on the credit card vs. a Telecaster or Strat. Someday . . .