Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left hand mag release for 1911?

1911vm

Ambi's are available but I would tell your friend to train with what is there. I've got a few fellow Right handed shooters swearing by the ambi releases. They are hitting the mag release with their trigger fingers. I dont think there is any disadvantage for a left handed shooter to use his trigger finger to release the mag, And according to a few it is actually faster if you have small hands because there is zero hand shift and also the chance of an AD or DQ on the reload is nill.

Tell him to use his left index finger to hit the regular mag release. Most lefties can do it without shifting their grip. Some require only slight shifting of their grip. It's faster than using your thumb like right-handed folks do and it has the added benefit of ensuring your finger is never on the trigger during a mag change.

I'm left handed and think using my trigger finger is the only way to go, the only problem I've had was with a double under cut grip, my grip was so high that i started dumping mags accidentally. went back to the original grip and cured that problem

Trigger finger it is! I'm so left handed I BREATH left handed. I've shot "right handed" guns since I was five years old and as far as I can tell, they are the perfect design for a lefty. 1911's, 2011's, Sig's, shotguns, bolt rifle's, etc. Guns are the only thing in the world already set up left handed!