Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major thru a Glock

ormondopen

Yes, it shows pressure but not any worse than some factory 9mm I have shot in Glocks. Watch for shearing, you will see the plating on the Federal wiped off and a brass look where that has happened, at that point you need to start going another direction. Glocks will also get primer shear chips in the striker tunnel at a rapid rate and start to light strike, if you get that you need to look at what is going on.

Try some HS-6, it seems to work well at the short length a Glock needs.

i have been using HS6 and the primers looked the same. I ran out and had some WSF until I get some more HS6, hopefully I will have more before the open next week.

I am getting 167-169 on the chrono.

Are you using once fired brass or have these been reloaded several times? 

Banks

i have been using HS6 and the primers looked the same. I ran out and had some WSF until I get some more HS6, hopefully I will have more before the open next week.

I am getting 167-169 on the chrono.

Are you using once fired brass or have these been reloaded several times? 

Banks

I buy it in bulk and it is billed as once fired but dont know 100%.

the brass I bought new and reused has been used 3 times.

Edge of primer looks OK to me. There is some primer flow - make sure to keep that firing pin hole (ok striker hole) clean of primer shavings. You do not want to find out what could happen if it gets fouled.

Montanas are excellent bullets. Their diameter tends to be on the small side. For that reason, I will ONLY use Montanas if the brass has been re-sized with an EGW "U" die and some Hornady case spray like Brian suggests in his video.

It doesn't look too bad to me the edges of the primer still look rounded. I use 7.4gr of Sillohette at about the same OAL and get at 171-172PF with the primers looking about the same maybe a little flatter. As suggested just keep an eye out for any shavings in the firing pin channel.