Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mythical M&P 5"

mwx40x40

Ledge,

You say that, like it's a bad thing.

I don't mean it as a bad thing, but I would rather play in limited than open. It seems to me that an almost out of the box limited gun would get adopted more quickly than one that needs a couple grand thrown in to it to make it useable in a division, that's all. I'm all for it as an open gun platform, just not for me.....yet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Freelance has mag extensions for the M&P mags and I would wager that the 5" will be available in 40 as well.

I see the Glock, XD and M&P all in the same family. Great and completely viable option in Limited. Sights, springs, trigger job and mags and you're runnin' with everyone else!

Rich

Ledge,

You say that, like it's a bad thing.

I don't mean it as a bad thing, but I would rather play in limited than open. It seems to me that an almost out of the box limited gun would get adopted more quickly than one that needs a couple grand thrown in to it to make it useable in a division, that's all. I'm all for it as an open gun platform, just not for me.....yet.

Well, Production shooters love the idea of the 9mm M&P 5".

Thanks Y..

good looking guns..might have to start a collection of M&Ps to go with the CZs

any other cool things you photographed at SHOT?

Dude, these Photos SUCK EGGS!!

I did the Jerry & Doug Demos (for S&W) and got the Team Glock with the GUNNY!!

Still editing!!

Thanks Y..

Still editing!!

now now..didn't say nothin about the photos...I said the guns look good.. :lol:

Thanks Y..

Still editing!!

now now..didn't say nothin about the photos...I said the guns look good.. :lol:

I just wanted to make sure that those are not my best work!!

They are KRAP!!

What does S&W smoke before they make sight cuts? :sick:

Crack?? Smack??

And decide on sights? :wacko:

I like the fact that the JG model has Warrens on it!!

I like both Warren's and Burwell's

two great sights for different tastes!!

sure, I'm talking about the slop that leaves a slot for business cards or something underneath, and why oh why do people insist on putting 3-dots on things. Yik!! :sick:

Remember the article I wrote on Front Sight?? I covered the Dots with PC7 Epoxy!!

I freaking hate dots!!

That compact .45 looks pretty cool, though. :blush:

OOOOOH YEAH!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Here's one for the rules folks to work out. I picked up a standard M&P 9mm in trade so it doesn't affect me. S&W is offering a special edition standard 9mm M&P with the SF crest on it. No mag safety, but the biggie is a thumb safety!

I played with one that has it and it's not bad. Good positive engagement of the safety, but it's a nice little platform for camming the gun. A little high for my liking, but better than nothing. So with that being a factory option, even on a limited run (I'm sure they'll make the quota for Production) can we modify existing to guns to add this little goodie?

Details on the pistol:

- SS slide (Duh)

- No Mag Safety

- 3 mags

- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety

- $535! And you can still send in the $50 rebate and get 2 more mags.

Rich

I'm not familiar with M&P. What do you mean by "no mag safety"? Is that similar to Glock with no safety? Thanks!

I've been shooting my M&P9 in production for about 2 years now. I love this pistol! I have been waiting for the 5" to make it out and now that it is I'm wondering that same things you guys are. My only problem is that I do not have unlimited funds. I can't go out and buy a whole new set of mags for a .40 when I have 9 of them in 9mm. I gotta tell you though that the prospect of tricking one out as a limited gun is heavy on my mind. I also have the fortune of not having to pay for my 9mm ammo. So going with a .40 would further complicate things. I will have to stew on this for a while. Maybe long enough for the .40 to come out and then I'll make my decision.

Why oh why is it a 9mm and not a .40? I'd think the market would be there for a limited gun. If all they build is 9's, then someones gonna have to build 170mm mags and optic mounts for them.

Well in 9mm you will get interest in Production USPSA and IPSC divisions AND SSP IDPA as well. They are probably banking on the much larger competition markets that 9mm will run into. Just my guess.