Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mythical M&P 5"

mwx40x40

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're supposedly in the '08 catalog, so hopefully soon after the SHOT Show...

I also bought a std version before the rebate expired... But now they just extended it (both the $50 and the 2 free mags) until April (I think). They are also doing $100 back on 1911's and M&P15's, including Performance Center guns...

Here's one for the rules folks to work out. I picked up a standard M&P 9mm in trade so it doesn't affect me. S&W is offering a special edition standard 9mm M&P with the SF crest on it. No mag safety, but the biggie is a thumb safety!

I played with one that has it and it's not bad. Good positive engagement of the safety, but it's a nice little platform for camming the gun. A little high for my liking, but better than nothing. So with that being a factory option, even on a limited run (I'm sure they'll make the quota for Production) can we modify existing to guns to add this little goodie?

Details on the pistol:

- SS slide (Duh)

- No Mag Safety

- 3 mags

- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety

- $535! And you can still send in the $50 rebate and get 2 more mags.

Rich

Here's one for the rules folks to work out. I picked up a standard M&P 9mm in trade so it doesn't affect me. S&W is offering a special edition standard 9mm M&P with the SF crest on it. No mag safety, but the biggie is a thumb safety!

I played with one that has it and it's not bad. Good positive engagement of the safety, but it's a nice little platform for camming the gun. A little high for my liking, but better than nothing. So with that being a factory option, even on a limited run (I'm sure they'll make the quota for Production) can we modify existing to guns to add this little goodie?

Details on the pistol:

- SS slide (Duh)

- No Mag Safety

- 3 mags

Rich

Who/where can I order one from?

Looking at the gunrags recently, I saw a 4" .45, 10 round mag. How many go in the fullsize M&P .45?

currently, 10. Which is why when I recently went to buy a Poly .45 I chose the XD over the M&P. But I heard a while back they were suppose to make them 13 rounders as well.

Details on the pistol:

- SS slide (Duh)

- No Mag Safety

- 3 mags

Rich

Who/where can I order one from?

Yeah me too. I want to get the Lady one but she really wants the thumb safety and currently the only one listed is with the .45. She really doesn't care to shoot mine.

Details on the pistol:

- SS slide (Duh)

- No Mag Safety

- 3 mags

Rich

Hmmm, if we can just relieve the frame a bit and drop in that whole sear assembly (if it fits) - imagine that on the 5" :surprise:

Contact John at Jery's Shooter's Supply in Fayetteville, NC on Bragg Blvd. (I think 5103 Bragg Blvd). Tell them Richard White referred you. Offer's good 'til March of '08.

Rich

Rich - I called them, and they said you had to be current or former SF (which I can understand, given the crest). I've also got an email in to Ernie Langdon about it. I can live without the crest, but I like the idea of the safety.

Anybody seen the mythical 5" M&P 9mm or better yet 40 at the SHOT Show?

Since I saw one at the 2007 SHOT show , I should ask if anyone has talked to any Smith reps on when they will ship?

I saw the 5" M&P 9L at SHOT today... very nice. They also showed a 5" M&P9 professional model with f/o sights, tuned trigger, etc.

Was told 'sometime this spring' for availability.

I've been wanting a 5" M&P9 for a while, so I was psyched to see these.

Ledge,

You say that, like it's a bad thing. The best part of the Sunset is opening the opportunity for more platforms in Open. Frankly, I don't see why there can't be Open XD's & M&P's. Glock's, EAA/CZ's and of course STI/SV's can't be the only one's.

As long as there are mags and a little creativity on scope mounting, I say the more the merrier.

Rich