Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P-16 HiCap Mags

Nemo

A friend just purchased an used P-16 an came only with one 10 rounder. Since I don't know much about Paras gotta ask here what are the good, other than factory, magazine options for this pistola?

Gracias!

I don't think there are many, I think STI dropped their para tubes.

I tried some of my S_I's in a buddy's para and they ran fine but I'd make sure.

Seems like someone makes a mag catch or something to allow that sort of switching. If they don't they oughta.

For a different reason I just asked the "sort a same" question a fews days back and was givin the relative same response as above. S_I mags seem to run for a lot of other folks. The mag catch is the only possible hangup. Seems that is easily fixed too.... :)

I don't think there are many, I think STI dropped their para tubes.

I tried some of my S_I's in a buddy's para and they ran fine but I'd make sure.

Seems like someone makes a mag catch or something to allow that sort of switching. If they don't they oughta.

Nemo,

Para Ordnance sells the mag tubes separate and you can add Arredondo Mag Kits for a total of 20+1 but I wouldn't

go more than 19+1 for reliabilty. They seem to work well in my P-16.

Edited by Sam815

I dont know much but I do know Para's.

Dont waste money on Ahrendondo products, they dont work the followers will turn sideways in the tubes and jam. Mecgars will feed but are shorter than factory so wont work with a Dawson Magfunnel. The will work with S&A funnel but the only reason to choose the S&A frame modifying funnel would be to stay IDPA legal and the Mecgars wont lock the slide back reliably they also arnt servicable as replacement followers and springs wont fit. For USPSA use the Dawson add on funnel and the Dawson plus 2-4 pads that look like the SNL pads. PUt those pads on factory tubes factory followers and run Wolff + 10% springs. Mags will hold,feed and reload 20 rounds.

Ran a P16 for 3 years, used factory mags. They can still be had at Brownells for about $45 ea. And that's for a complete mag. My set-up was factory guts with a Dawson +5 basepad. These were all 20 round reloadable, and some would already go 21. This route means your in to a ready to go mag for about $75 bucks.