Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport Thumb Safety

buddy_fuentes

I bought a CZ Tactical Sport in 9 mm and plan to use it for steel. I have used 1911's for over 40 years and I like the thumb safeties by Brown, Wilson, Les Baer, and so on. The CZ has a nub of a ambidextrous thumb safety and I would like to change it.

I would like a single side safety that is more like a 1911's. Does anyone make it and does it have to be fitted like a 1911?

Thanks, Buddy

I bought a CZ Tactical Sport in 9 mm and plan to use it for steel. I have used 1911's for over 40 years and I like the thumb safeties by Brown, Wilson, Les Baer, and so on. The CZ has a nub of a ambidextrous thumb safety and I would like to change it.

I would like a single side safety that is more like a 1911's. Does anyone make it and does it have to be fitted like a 1911?

Thanks, Buddy

Angus just set up a CNC machine in his shop and is working on a design to solve that problem. Should be out in a month or so.

Here is the prototype: http://www.czcustom.com/images/custom_guns/TS_ext_safety.jpg

Frankly, I shaved my grip in a way that my hand rides up a bit more and I no longer have a problem with the safety.

Mine looks more like the bottom one now: http://www.czcustom.com/images/custom_guns/TS_9mm.jpg

Hope this helps,

Shay

Edited by Shay1911

I guess it doesnt look hard to copy that with some JB weld or just weld a new piece of metal to it.

I think the original ones that Angus made or had made up for him were welded up from CZ parts. Angus showed prototypes a long time ago - but I am guessing the problem was mass-producing what is really a hand-made part on a cost-effective basis.

Tanfoglio has had these for a while - but the safety detent systems are completely different from the CZ's system. Looking forward to whatever comes out for the TS.