Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trubor Barrel

james shanahan

The first Tru-bore barrels that I used had a very small ridge that was left in the very end of the chamber. This was due to the 9mm being a tapered case (and the reamer for it) and the barrel being short chambered for 38 super (straight wall case). I showed this to Chris at STI and I believe that they made an adjustment to the short chamber to accomodate this. I have not had any issues in quite a while with this. It really was no problem because I just cleaned up the ridge with a 38 super reamer. Both use the same diameter bullets and the case mouth thickness is nominally the same. The Tru-Bore barrel is a good choice. Just keep in mind that you have one chance to cut the slide to the right length. You can't just turn the comp one more thread and recut.

Sorry, I read TruBore and though of the complete gun from STI, not just the barrel.

They are short chambered and need to be reamed. The barrel needs to be fitted to the slide and then reamed. I like to set them up with .005"-.007" headspace.