Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA's standard slides

Dave Gundry

I'd like to convert my Match 9mm over to 40 for some more fun in L/L10 - I called EAA, and it seems like the actual "Match" slides aren't available, so I'd have to go with the standard uppers...

Std vs Longslide - anybody know the barrel lengths on each? Can't find the specs on EAA's site.

Front sight - would Henning's F/O front work, or is it a different dovetail? Once again, can't tell from their pics...

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Krautwagen

EAA's tabel/pricing chart lists them at 4.5". I was thinking of putting a comped barrel on 9mm Match along with a Cmore and use it for steel. The match barrel is 4.75"

I bought an FO from EAA. Had to work it a little before it would fit but once it was mounted it was as good as the Dawson FO on my Para 1640.

Art

Thanks for the info :cheers:

Being that the LS is $299, I may just trade in my 9mm for a .40 Match - found one for $450. But, mags are going to be spendy... Probably start with 3 Henning 140's... not sure how many I'll need to get up and running - any input?

Watch the classifieds for some 9mm mags in the near future, maybe...

I think it would be safer to start with 4 mags just in case you have a problem with one of them. If nothing else, get the 3 from Henning and pick up 3 factory ones from EAA to use just as spares. If I recall you can get three 15 round mags for $75.

I've got 4 factory mags for my 9mm. I've had to work with the followers to make them work right but now they are pretty good tho' not excellent. I don't know about the .40's

Art

That's odd - all 7 of my 9mm mags function perfectly without any work to em...

Once again, I've changed my mind - just ordered up a Spartan - gotta give SS another try :D

I should be back for a Stock2 or Limited Custom when we get them though :D