Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heath Ledger Dead

Duane Thomas

By early indications, an accidental overdose of prescription medication. What a waste.

Has anyone noticed that playing a killer clown with white face makeup and a big painted-on smile seems to be a death sentence for good looking, up and coming male actors? First Brandon Lee with the Crow, now Heath Ledger just after playing the Joker. Damn.

What I have noticed is so many actors tend to be insecure whiners who get more insecure the more successful they get because they are afraid of "losing it". I really don't get it, if I had the guy's money I would raise the middle finger flag to the world and stop dragging my aching body to work and start enjoying life.

It's too bad, but from all the info I have heard (and there has been plenty) his friends say he has been committing "passive suicide" for quite a while.... behavior that will surely lead to early death.

I thought he was a gifted young actor with the potential to have a long and successful career in his field. My heart goes out to his family. I'm also glad I've never reached the point of secluding myself away with multiple bottles of pharmaceuticals as sources of support.

Yeah, it's true that many young folks in the spotlight today engage in self-destructive behavior, and that's the primary reason I've always wished to be rich, but NOT famous. I haven't made it yet, but I'll buy a lottery ticket each week in hopes of fulfilling that desire. It's easy to say they should accept the hustle and bustle of being mobbed everywhere they go with grace, but I couldn't do it. I'd eventually flip out and take some photogs for a well-deserved swim with the fishes.

Since the casting calls require only the exhibition of talent and no proof of ability to handle the pressure of success it seems like an invitation to place people in an environment they aren't yet mature enough to survive. I've seen people crack under much less pressure.

Damned shame, great actor.

About money and happiness, I don't like Arnie anymore, but here goes:

"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." (Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Edited by spook