Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for production class

Ridgerunnr

Using an XD tactical .

I know i know....everyone seems to vote for the holster they are using as the "best" BUT what seems to be the one you see the most of at a meet? I want to avoid spending money on 10 different holsters to find the one I like or functions the best. Of course speed and retention are the primary ingredients...Thoughts?

Using an XD tactical .

I know i know....everyone seems to vote for the holster they are using as the "best" BUT what seems to be the one you see the most of at a meet? I want to avoid spending money on 10 different holsters to find the one I like or functions the best. Of course speed and retention are the primary ingredients...Thoughts?

depends on the game and if you are crossing over from one game to another, and which divisions in the various games you are planning to shoot.

If just production in USPSA? Blade-Tech Drop Offset Holster. If you are crossing over to IDPA at all, I would recommend a blade-tech stingray belt holster (SRB).

The BladeTech Dropped & Offset gives gives you the versatility that if you would like it to sit higher on the belt or wanna use it for IDPA, just remove the DOH hanger and it turns into a regular belt holster.

'Nother vote for the BTDOH

Comp-tac makes great stuff - The bladetech DOH is also a great choice and then the Kytac holsters if you can get one. I've used all 3 and prefer the comp-tac and kytac holsters for production. For less change you'll find that the Uncle Mikes stuff is just as fast and durable, though.

I love Comp-Tac. Their product is top notch and service is great. I use their holsters for everything. With that being said....I run the Blade Tech holster with a TekLok only because Comp-Tac does not have a holster that met my needs for production. I do not care for a dropped holster. I like about a 1/4" of offset from my belt and thats it. The TekLok sets it a little further out and then I just added a couple plastic spacers to set it the way I like it. That works for me. Blade Tech holsters are very versatile with the replaceable belt attachments. KyTac also makes a good holster but they are a bit hard to get.

Chris Stewart at Ready Tactical used to make a very good DOH style holster but hes currently in BoucheDag status. Hes taken alot of money from folks in the past year and not delivered any product. SKD Tactical does sell some of his stuff and they do stock it. I'll recommned getting the Blade Tech DOH with TekLok and trying it. If that does not work try it without the DOH adapter or even the Stingray belt attachment. As for mag pouches.....I run the 5 of the Comp-Tac with Tek Loks. I used to use CR Speed for production but that makes for a real heavy belt. The regular Comp-Tac pouches also work great and can be positioned closer together on the belt.

• 4 weeks later...

I have CompTac, Ready Tactical and the DOH. All are excellent, but the DOH is the best in my opinion. Ready Tactical is a close second. Really can't imagine anyone regretting buying the DOH.

Safariland makes a great holster, with that said a holster has to feel right to you then the hard part practice-practice-practice. If you don't try them all you will never know if you found the right holster for you. It's amazing how people will take someones opinion as the best without testing all that is out there.

Rich