Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ALSPPC Steel Match

DJPoLo

ALSPPC hosted its first Steel match of 2008 today. Our very own Shred was match director and also hosted a practice session afterwards with great helpful tips for everyone. Here's some pics that I took with my new Christmas present, a Canon SD900. B)

post-553-1201471755.jpgpost-553-1201471763.jpgpost-553-1201471772.jpgpost-553-1201471779.jpgpost-553-1201471785.jpg

-Chet

MAN I wish I could've made it out! I haven't shot a match since before Christmas! Between work, car troubles, getting the house ready to sell, and building a new house, weekends have just been NUTZ!!

Hope to make it out next month though! :)

Trodrig

Was it static steel shot from like one box ala Steel Challenge. or was it run and gun, falling plates ala So Cal style.

It was mostly official Steel Challenge stages, but we like to mix in some other fun and challenging stages. An idea swiped from AlamoShooter is becoming popular. Two 10" plates behind two gongs, with a 12" stop plate in the middle and a big rectangular shooting box. Start in the center of the box and target placement forces left and right movement to the extreme edges of the rectangle. It's both fun and aggravating at the same time. I think we should call it "Foote Loose!" :goof:

Thanks Shred for the coaching after the match! :cheers:

Edited by AustinMike

An idea swiped from AlamoShooter is becoming popular. Two 10" plates behind two gongs, with a 12" stop plate in the middle and a big rectangular shooting box. Start in the center of the box and target placement forces left and right movement to the extreme edges of the rectangle. It's both fun and aggravating at the same time. I think we should call it "Foote Loose!" :goof:

Foot Loose... I love it! :cheers:

Here's Shred tearing it up, as usual:

-Chet

An idea swiped from AlamoShooter is becoming popular. Two 10" plates behind two gongs, with a 12" stop plate in the middle and a big rectangular shooting box. Start in the center of the box and target placement forces left and right movement to the extreme edges of the rectangle. It's both fun and aggravating at the same time. I think we should call it "Foote Loose!" :goof:

Foot Loose... I love it! :cheers:

Here's Shred tearing it up, as usual:

-Chet

"Foote Loose", I like it! Check out the sluggish draw as well.. I was just telling people how hard it is to move and draw quickly at the same time. At least I proved my point ;) (FWIW, Grauffel is very good at this.. take note, people). In my defense, I was drawing to a third of a 10" plate...