Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drawing & transferring gun to weak hand

askomiko

How do you do it? After being slower than a snail on a match, I decided I need to practise a bit... :rolleyes: I tried gripping the gun real low to give more room for left hand, but I feel that this suits me, easiest with my non-existant training, as there is as much space as possible for the weak hand to take the gun:

grip1.jpg

grip3.jpg

How do you grip the gun while drawing, normally (as in a normal draw), or something like this?

Edited by askomiko

The two I see that work are grabbing the gun very low on the grip and holding it so that the weak hand can take it securely or drawing in a normal firing grip and 'wiping' it onto the weak hand. With the Open gun I played with drawing it by the scope, that works very well but doesn't work at all when you switch to Limited and haven't done any dryfire :surprise: I am back to 'wiping' the gun off on my weak hand, works for everything.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the "low grab" method, but no matter what you choose you should practice it until it becomes 2nd nature.

Agreed...whatever you do, do it until the transfer is fast and safe...nothing makes the boys crawl higher up into my stomach than seeing a loaded blaster tumbling or being fumbled with after a bad transfer. When I do it, it's like I'm giving myself "5", probably what would be called patty cake. My mitts are big enough so that I can pull it off quickly without extra movement, then I plant my strong hand over my heart and let 'er rip.

• 3 weeks later...

I get a normal grip on the gun, make a cage (for lack of a better word) with my weak hand, and just flip it in. Yes the gun is in the air for a bit. I've also practiced it a couple thousand times in dry fire, which I highly suggest you do if you adopt that technique. It's also something you need to be 100% confident with before you ever try it live.