Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Using Your Non Dominate Eye

bruce282

I had cataract surgery on my right dominate eye 3 weeks ago. My left eye was done last April and settles in at about 20/30. One week after surgery I was seeing 20/20 with the right eye but knew it was going to take several weeks for the eye to settle down and the vision to reach its final stage. Right now I am seeing worse than I was after surgery, not really worrying about it too muck. Here's my question. I went to the range and with 1.50 reading glasses under my shooting/safety glasses the front sight was out of focus, but since I was there to burn up some ammo I really didn't care, the bullets were going where I wanted them to on a target set at 7 yards. Today in the garage I was cleaning the the guns and noticed if I looked through my left eye using my reading glasses the front sight was in focus. If I aimed at a small target ( a dot on a powder bottle) using my left eye and then without moving the gun moved my head to look through the sights with my right eye, the gun was aimed at the same point. Does that description make any sense?

I guess I'll head to range next weekend and trying shooting using my left eye and see what kind of results I get.

Bruce

Tons and tons of info on the forum, do a search on it.

I'm left hand and just changed over and started using my dominant eye last week(right eye). So far so good. You situation is somewhat different due to the surgery and such. I would probably find out about what to expect from your eye. All you have to do is move the gun over alittle so your left eye can see the sights. Do you think you will start using your right eye again???

Flyin