Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WITNESS ELITE MATCH ?

DaBird

Hello,

It looks like I am getting a used pair of Elite Match pistols ------ one is in 9mm and the other is a .40. My question is can I get JUST a 10mm replacement brl. for the .40 and JUST a 38Super replacement brl. for the 9mm ?? I am hoping to get lucky and not have to buy full uppers with slides. If so, what brl. length should I order for both ??

Thanks for any help ---- DaBird aka Jerry L.

Hello,

After shooting 1911 type guns in matches for almost 15-20 years, I am looking forward to the EAAs. I am wanting to set one of them up in 10mm for Limited and while I'm at it -- a 38Super for fun. I will post back after I get the two guns and the replacement brls.

Thanks for the help and remember , Have FUN - Life's Short !!!

DaBird, as much as I like the 10MM I think you might be better off getting a .40 as brass is easier to find on the range unless you are shooting with a lot of other 10MM shooters. The EAA Match does not have the bull barrel of the Elites so EAA may have a barrel in .40 or 10MM in stock that would fit. Henning would know more about this. Also for fun a 9MM might better than a .38Super.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the advice ----- I am getting two EAA Elite Matches in a package deal. One is a 9mm and the other is a 40S&W. So I am hopeing to have a combo 9mm/38Super and a combo 10mm/40S&W --- thanks for the advice about the .40 vs. 10mm ----- I got about 6000 pcs. of 10mm brass from the OLD Days when I was shooting a S&W 610 in Revolver Class , a semi-stock Colt Delta Elite in Stock Class and a full blown Comped Delta Elite for Open Class ------- those were the only three classes we had B)

BTW --- I still got those 10MMs but the only one I still use in competion is the S&W 610 -- I JUST :wub: that revolver ;)