Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillion Square Deal?

I am getting some vibration on the down stroke at station 2, it is like the cartridge is skipping along on the powder funnel but I am pretty sure that is not the culprit becuase the vibration is so bad the whole machine vibrates. If I bypass station 2 no vibration so I am sure it is something in this area. I have about 3000 rounds loaded and it was brand new when I got it.

HELP :bow:

1. Are you over-belling?

2. You can polish the expander/bell too if there is a burr or rough area. Polish not change.

3. or really 1. Call Dillon

I have never used One Shot and loaded 57K my first year with a Square Deal. Not saying OneShot is bad just that it should work without it.

There is really no reason to use ANY kind of lube. You dont mention what caliber you are loading, but it must be pistol calibers or you wouldn't have loaded up 3000 rounds yet. Just 300 :P

Call Dillon (1-800-223-4570) on Monday and they will be able to walk you through the problem.

Edit to add: Does it feel like you have to use more effort to get the powder funnel (expander) to release the brass (go back up) ??? Like Bseevers said you may just need to polish your powder funnel, or it is possible that you got a bad powder funnel. I once returned a Lee FCD die because of the same issues. New one worked fine.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I put some lube on the parts that rub together on the body collar and the bellcrank and that seemed to solve the problem. there is a bushing that requires lube but it already had some.

Edited by ormondopen