Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More Thieves

CenTX

Many on here know or know of Marisa Hogan, a very senior San Antonio Super Senior shooter. She had her open gun stolen out of her truck, while she was doing some charity work. Most Open Guns are unique, but this one would be real easy to spot. It's a Dawson hardchromed Open gun with "Spicy Meatball Series" inscribed on the slide. What a bummer!

Many on here know or know of Marisa Hogan, a very senior San Antonio Super Senior shooter. She had her open gun stolen out of her truck, while she was doing some charity work. Most Open Guns are unique, but this one would be real easy to spot. It's a Dawson hardchromed Open gun with "Spicy Meatball Series" inscribed on the slide. What a bummer!

Get us a picture of it so we can keep an eye out....

Make sure the she has the local cops catalog it in NCIC as a stolen weapon so if/when it get's found, the cops/ATF will know where to return it. I would also recommend she give the cops a photo of it if she has one. Most cops have never seen a shooter like that, and it will stick out at a pawn shop like a beacon.

It's a Dawson hardchromed Open gun with "Spicy Meatball Series" inscribed on the slide.

Can't miss it.

It's a Dawson hardchromed Open gun with "Spicy Meatball Series" inscribed on the slide.

Can't miss it.

I can read bro.... A picture is worth a thousand words.

Can't miss it.

It is also a mini-gun stroker. Two ports in the barrel I think. Was built with both a 38 super barrel and a 9mm barrel, if I remember correctly.

• 1 month later...
She got her gun back. the thieves were arrested and the gun recovered.

Kick ass!!! Now if we can use the thieves as hard cover all would be right with the world. ;)

The only problem is I shoot hard cover to easily. I typically take 4-5 shots when hard cover is present to make sure I have 2 good hits. ;)

Excellent - how did they catch the miscreants?

A friend had a stolen gun recovered, but the recovering PD insisted on keeping the gun until the case, and all possible appeals, were concluded. The only reason he was able to get the gun back was because the defendant turned up dead.

Excellent - how did they catch the miscreants?

A friend had a stolen gun recovered, but the recovering PD insisted on keeping the gun until the case, and all possible appeals, were concluded. The only reason he was able to get the gun back was because the defendant turned up dead.

She staked out the parking lot for a week or two and noticed the same delivery van came by at the same time the gun was stolen. A little set-up (the thieves didn't get any mags the first time) and a quick police search and they still had the gun with them.

Moral: Don't mess with a 70 year old lady shooter!

That is FANTASTIC news. I'm so happy she got her blaster back. Neat lady, it's great that things got set strait. The punks are lucky that she called the law, she would have cleaned their clock. :cheers:

Edited by Gregg K

Glad to hear she got her blaster back! :cheers:

I on the other hand had no such luck. I initially wanted to start back shooting three years ago. I came home after shooting and left my gear in a locked truck in front of my house. I live in a gated community, at the end of a cul de sac. Came out a few hours later and all was gone along with many other things. IN BROAD DAYLIGHT! Such an idiot I was. I called the cops and they NEVER CAME OVER! Riverside County Sherriff never even called me back I had to bug them all day and into the next. Finally they said they would take a report over the phone. No fingerprinting of my truck or anything. The thieves got away with two BHP 9mm w/ Barsto barrels. One of which was an early 9mm major gun with a long barrel w/ comp cuts and cool custom low-pro sights that shot like a dream. They also got a S&W 22 rvolver with an incredible trigger job and a .38 special S&W subbie also with a smooth trigger and a bobbed hammer.

I hate thieves, I hate em, I hate em, I hate em! :angry2:

Took me two years to get back to where I was before and I lost any sense of security that I had. (Which it turns out was a false sense of security!)