Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAR PLUGS

blue edge

Those two links are selling the same product, right? The sample plugs are identical in shape although the color appears slightly different. Probably just the way it happened moving around from computer to computer.

Has anyone tried these? Friend of mine bought the stuff at Wal-Mart, but I'm not sure how good it is. He likes it, though.

MLM

Those two links are selling the same product, right? The sample plugs are identical in shape although the color appears slightly different. Probably just the way it happened moving around from computer to computer.

Has anyone tried these? Friend of mine bought the stuff at Wal-Mart, but I'm not sure how good it is. He likes it, though.

MLM

Do you have a ( Walmart ) link?

I did three dif kits = two kits from Sportsman's Wharhouse =Did not mix up rite and set-up way to slow. the third set was from a shotgun supplyer. =it did great / allmost set-up too fast.

each set was $15 and it normaly cost $45 to have a simi pro do it. I do not get as good of protection at a regular ear plug and head phones. I will not do it again

I would like to have a better set of plugs to run under my muffs also. I missed the state trap shoot, was going to have them made their. I have been told the molded ones are expensive but well worth it.

I use plugs with a NRR of 30-33 and Pro-ears, if I could knock the noise of my Open gun down a bit more I would appreciate it.

OK, so you have them made and they are $75-125 from what I have been told, the kits are $15 or so, are the ones being made at the big shoots a different material making them better?

Do you have a ( Walmart ) link?

I do not have a link. Friend said the stuff is in the store, right by the other hearing protection. You might try searching the walmart store on the web for "hearing protection" or "ear plugs".

MLM

I bought a do-it-yourself kit from Walmart yesterday. Price was $12 and NRR is 26. I "made" them last night and it was just as easy as you want it to be. I let them cure overnite and they still fit this morning. It takes a little wiggling to get them back in, but they really do go right back into place. There is no pressure on your ear canal like with the roll-up spongy plugs. I'll do a little shooting with them either this afternoon or tomorrow.

I had some health-care spending account $ left over, so I saw an Audiologist in the area (Au.D.)...Well, worth it, regardless to get a hearing test.

Anyway, while there I was fitted for some custom plugs -- called the Westone "Aguanot", I believe -- originally designed for ear protection while swimming. It took about 2 weeks to get them, and cost $75 not counting the hearing test and consult. They're pretty awesome. Without electronic muffs on top, you can barely hear sh*t.

It wasn't trivial getting fitted, and she made sure the molds were perfect. Just a thought -- might want to call around and see what an Audiologist would charge ya'.

I just got Midway USA master catalog. They have a do it urself plug kit. Its on page 104, they are 12.99 and come in 5 colors. the NRR is 26 db.

26 db ?? That's not high enough. I need something to that will even block out my wife!