Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

numbering SS magazines?

boo radley

Got a bunch of new Wilson 47DE mags, and wonder what's the best way to number them. I'm not a bit anal about my gear, provided it's functional, but would like the job to look *somewhat* decent.

With STI/Glock mags it's easy enough to put stick-on numbers or letters on the basepads, but there's not enough room on a single-stack mag, nor do I want to risk having paint or a loose letter jam up in the magwell....

Thinking about a small 'dice dots' numbering on the back of the pads, maybe drilling a depression and filling with paint?

Get an engraving tool like this:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00961050000P

If you want to talk anal, I engrave the number on the basepad, tube (along with my initials on the tube) and follower to help keep things straight when I am cleaning everything after the match.

Later,

Chuck

edit: 45shooter: Great minds think alike!

Edited by ChuckS

I just mark the basepads on my Wilsons with the DE pad.....take a razor knife and put a "I, II, III, IV, V" etc on them and as long as you only take one mag apart at a time you're fine. You don't even see it if you're not looking for it.

I had an engraver put my name and consecutive numbers on my high caps, back when putting together such a mag could set you back a C note.

Since I'm now in Production using mags that are less than $20 a pop (and as Chills said), a Sharpie is your friend.

Send them to Mark Miller at Mach2Tactical. He can laser engrave the numbers on the tubes, basepads, and anything else you want. When you find out what it costs you will be surprised, and he is very fast.