Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for another primer option

old 180

I've been using Remington primers for my 625 with a 6.5lb double action trigger pull. Have had NO misfires.

Where have you found Remington's? I can't find them anywhere aroung here in the Jackson area. What are there prices compared to the Federals?

A local shop had 10,000. I cleaned him out a little over a year ago.

Edited by scooterj

Fiocchi have recently released a "new" version of their small pistol primer - it is a direct replacement for Federal... there is no question of that, they are absolutely on par in terms of sensitivity and reliability in tuned and standard actions.

I have shot in excess of 20K of 'em in the past 9 months in PPC revolvers and can see no reason to go back to Federals (unless Federal have a big price drop or decide to give 'em away for free) :rolleyes:

The LPP's I have not tried, but if they are anything like the SPP's they will be good.

I saw plenty of Federal primers at the gun show yesterday evening. Not terrible cheap ($24) but they are available.

Yeah, it's weird, for as much as I read about difficulty finding Federal primers, I see them pretty frequently around here. Sportsman's warehouse has always had at least a couple thousand on hand every time I've been in there. Even Scheel's stocks them sometimes.

I was in Scheel's yesterday and bought the 2000 Federal 150's they had at $29.99 up from $24.99 3 months ago when I picked up 1500 100's which was all they had. I only picked up the 100's because I had some idea of using them in 38's until I discovered all the cases were already primed. They don't spoil like milk do they?