Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

power size

Bronco21

I was loading up some .223 rounds today, 52Jhp with 24.8gr of IMR3031 is what the book called for but I couldn't "fit" the 24.8gr in to the cartridge. I had to load it down to 23gr and it was all most to the top of the casing. Is there some smaller sized powder that will fit better in the small .223 casing? What is some of the better powders for the .223rem round I shoot a 20" barrel on a bushmaster. I shoot long range 100 yards to start on average I shoot 200 to 300 yards. I'm looking for a good long range round.

Thank you

I was loading up some .223 rounds today, 52Jhp with 24.8gr of IMR3031 is what the book called for but I couldn't "fit" the 24.8gr in to the cartridge. I had to load it down to 23gr and it was all most to the top of the casing. Is there some smaller sized powder that will fit better in the small .223 casing? What is some of the better powders for the .223rem round I shoot a 20" barrel on a bushmaster. I shoot long range 100 yards to start on average I shoot 200 to 300 yards. I'm looking for a good long range round.

Thank you

With bullet weights up to 55 grains, you'll be hard pressed to surpass H335.

Thank you

What type of brass are you using? Commercial or military? Capacity will vary by manufacturer. A good(my favorite for 52-55g) is Avccurate 2015 benchrest powder.