1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clyde definitely needs to apply. Come on Clyde, pick one and post a picture of each side and your done.

:cheers:

Pick one....that will be tough for him! I think he needs to pick the old war horse that got him to master in L10 and soon to master in SS!!

Pulling picture out of wallet

post-415-1210181865.jpg

post-415-1210181825.jpg

She is indeed "The War Horse"

Serving 50,000 bullets - 8 at a time :popcorn1:

Application submitted

Edited by Clyde

Pulling picture out of wallet

post-415-1210181865.jpg

post-415-1210181825.jpg

She is indeed "The War Horse"

Application submitted

I love the Blaster!!!!!

Clyde

I really like that tag line. Only mine would be Over 26,000 served - 8 at a time.

It needs to be in his signature!! It is a classic.

I have about 18,000 .45's downrange, I need to try to catch up :devil:

I really like that tag line. Only mine would be Over 26,000 served - 8 at a time.

It needs to be in his signature!! It is a classic.

I have about 18,000 .45's downrange, I need to try to catch up :devil:

Did I mention that 26,000 was only one of my current competition Baers? The other is at 23,000. They're only a couple of years old too, but then I also put 36,000 miles on my car this year driving to matches. I live 2.5 hours from everything. :rolleyes:

Welcome to our newest member: :cheers: CLYDE! :cheers:

MEMBERSHIP UPDATE

VOTING MEMBERS in BOLD

GS1: GARY STEVENS - THE GRAND SNOB (make no mistake!)

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH

3 - Aikidale

45 - RESERVED

46 - Krautwagen

47 - Supercomp9

48 - North

49 - Ed Deegan

50 - GmanCdp

51 - Clyde

Merlin, any news on the member number 45 proposal?

I don't remember the proposal. But if I'm not being redundant, or just missing an earlier conversation, I would like to suggest membership number 45 be given to the most famous 1911 .45 snob of all time; Col. Jeff Cooper, Ret.

Dale, do you give it to Cooper, or JMB? I know TGO isn't there yet but some would suggest him as well I guess.

Going on pure snob appeal Cooper wins hands down. He was intelligent, erudite, well bred and involved in the world, not to mention arrogant, self centered, opinionated and usually correct. I can think of no better snob. That said, I bet Merlin has a coup up his sleeve.

I don't know what hk_mtbr shoots, but he should be a member IF he does not break any of the polymer rules!!!

".45 the way I meant for it to be" --channeling JMB

9s6uxv.jpg

don't forget, jb inital offering was in 38 auto not .45.

lynn

So he made a minor correction... :rolleyes: We'll just call that a beta test...

Edited by zhunter

Dale, do you give it to Cooper, or JMB? I know TGO isn't there yet but some would suggest him as well I guess.

Going on pure snob appeal Cooper wins hands down. He was intelligent, erudite, well bred and involved in the world, not to mention arrogant, self centered, opinionated and usually correct. I can think of no better snob. That said, I bet Merlin has a coup up his sleeve.

Better a live hero than a dead legend...?

Hero when your alive, legend after your a hero and dead, but I see your point. Honor those that can still be honored, cheerish those that have passed.

Edited by steel1212

You betcha! :D

We honor the living to, well, honor the deserving living. We honor the dead so everyone knows we know and appreciate our history.

I don't know what hk_mtbr shoots, but he should be a member IF he does not break any of the polymer rules!!!

For SS I shoot an STI Trojan from Dawson...does that count?

I think the bumper on my car is polymer.

You're good to go Joel, just post a picture of each side of that Trojan with your application. :)

ETA: I've seen Joel shoot that pistol in competition.

Edited by AikiDale

You're good to go Joel, just post a picture of each side of that Trojan with your application. :)

ETA: I've seen Joel shoot that pistol in competition.

Thanks Dale...for not saying how slow I was using it. I actually beat 4 other slow SS people last weekend with it...only 5 shooters. I'm really starting to love that Trojan...now if I could only shoot it weak hand...

I'll get that video up some day soon I hope. FYI it is still on my helmet cam...and you got a pretty good feature IIRC.

How about honoring Mr. John M. Browning with the member number of 1911?

There was, is and always will be only one true 1911. That is the one by Mr. John M. Browning...

Excellent. :cheers:

As A voting member I second that! :cheers:

That still leaves us with .45....er #45