Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting to get it

Two nights ago at our Monday night shoot, I experienced something new. Been competing about a year, always heard and always tried to watch the

front sight. Well, now I have a new standard.

For the first time, I saw the crisp silhouette of the sights in the muzzle blast. I still see it, I mean it's haunting me. Can I expect to see this every time?

I hope so.

I remember when I had that first "wow" moment. It did not (and still does not) happen every time after that, but it does happen a lot more often. For me, it only happens when I relax and just see what I need to see. Can't force it or try to make it happen. I just have to remember to relax, drive the gun and focus on seeing the front sight. If you don't have Brian's book, get it and read it and then read it again.

• 1 month later...

IMHO it's not something you try to make happen ...... it's a by-product of "paying attention".

Do this often enough, and it will happen more frequently. The more it happens ..... the better your scores will be, and in turn, the more fun you will have. It slowly becomes a cycle that you cannot control. It's called being on your way to the next higher class. :)