Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Project's Customer Service

Chris Keen

Last week I shot my local clubs weekly Monday night indoor club match, and then the very next day, Tuesday, I mailed 3 pair of my RUDY PROJECT lenses back to Rudy Proj. in California, to be replaced under their Replacement Lens Guarantee.

I sent the package by regular USPS Priority mail. Nothing too fancy. But, I did pay for plenty of insurance, just to be safe, and maybe that's why it went through USPS so smoothly, but that definitely doesn't explain how I got such wonderful treatment at Rudy Project.

The box left Ohio on Tuesday and including 1 day for a holiday (Monday), and 1 day for Sunday it made a complete round-trip to Rudy USA in California & back in just 8 days.

It boggles my mind to think how a package can leave Ohio and get to California AND GET BACK to Ohio in 8 days (with a weekend incl.) much less have time to be opened, have my order processed & filled, boxed back up and sit on a shipping dock for any amount of time. :wacko: It seems these guys at Rudy Project are highly under-paid for the work that they do. B)

And with such a great warranty (3 years on frames / lifetime on lenses) why would anyone buy any other brand of shooting glasses ? :cheers: 3 cheers for Rudy Project!

I will say I have had somewhat good service from them. When I placed my first order I got on the free overnight shipping which was fantastic really like that deal. The bad side was 2 of the 3 lenses I ordered either were not as described or made me nauschious. I sent them in on the 29th of January and hadn't seen or heard from anyone by the 7th so I started calling. I was given the same answer every time that they couldn't track my order process with out a ups tracking code( I sent them usps as well). I was told to call everyday to check and see if they got them. I did that called every day until the 18th when they were sitting on my doorstep when I got home. The odd thing is I had asked to exchange 2 lenses for 3 with additional charges of course but they still couldn't track down my file even though they were taking my money. I love the glasses just hope i have better luck when I need them repaired.

Edited by cooter79

I asked them to charge to for what it cost to replace the cracked frames on my kerosenses.

They sent me a brand new pair of Kerosenes, lenses and all for free. I have a tough time considering another sport optics manufacturer for any reason.

I put this on the other thread about Rudy's but figure it won't hurt here either. They are having a sale on their Rydons with the racing red lenses. $101.00 but they didn't have a whole lot left. One less in fact after I ordered mine. :rolleyes: