Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Outside noise waking me up early on the weekend.

tallgrass

Last weekend I had been out really late on Friday and was looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday. Guess what? They are working on a housing development next door and they were out with earthmoving equipment at 7 AM on Saturday. I always disliked that loud beep heavy equipment makes when backing up. Now I hate it. No way to sleep through it when it is less than 100 yards away.

I have been sleeping little lately and nothing pisses me off like planning to catch up a little and some yutz running up and down the street in front of the house with an ATV wide open.

That and my neighbor who turns by my house at 3am with his Harley and hammers it the 100 yards to his house. I love Bike Week when he has an extra 20-30 biker friends running the roads with him. Makes me think of all those war movies where they string the cable across the road :angry2: Just kidding of course, I like bikes, I just wish the drunk asshats riding them would show a little common courtesy.

One time I was woken up by live music in a nearby park at 7:30am on a Saturday. Turns out it was a fundraising run for some freakazoid disease (note I feel for those with this and any other freakazoid diseases, I'm not trashing their disease just their 7:30am music). So I tracked down the organizers on the web and shared my displeasure with them. They have since moved the event to a place that isn't next to houses.

I built a building one time with a zero lot line next to a Dentist office. When we had to uses the big roller with the vibrator to compact the soil, it nearly knocked his stuff off the walls. The Guy did not care at all and said not to worry no problem his patients could not tell if the floor was jumping or it was his drilling. :blink: It was strange to have such a good natured business man.

I was left with this image of him coming at a patient mouth with a drill, and our back-up BeeP... :blink: .BeeP.. :blink: .BeeP sound coming through the wall

Edited by AlamoShooter

for some reason my apartment complex likes to have the snow removal service come btwn 1-3 AM. which is all fine, except for the loud beeping and the KA-THUNK and scraping of the truck mounted snow plow as it hits and drags along the concrete. but still, id rather them do it than me!