Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much time between matches...

Ron Ankeny

I am just curious about how many weeks (or days) you folks try to schedule between matches of any size in your area? We are having our state steel challenge match on May 25th and the State USPSA match is one week later, 100 miles down the road. I know I can't put on our SC match and then turn right around and donate 2 days to the USPSA match a week later as an RO and to set up. Now I am wondering if shooters would feel the same way about traveling 2 weekends in a row? What do you think?

Ron --- not knowing a lot of the Wyoming shooters yet, I'm guessing you'll attract more non-USPSA shooters at the SC champs. There will more than a few .22 shooters also I suspect. Can't imagine you'll lose very many competitors at either match by having the two matches that close together.

We're not suffering a shortage of entries for the Glocks' Only match even though the Spudgun is three weeks later. In fact, I'm certain both matches will fill to capacity.

See ya in Casper if not sooner; nuttin' to do here but work and shoot Trap! :angry2:

• 1 month later...

Ron,

I think your problem might be with shooter dedication because western states face problems unheard of back east. With the season about to start, the first Sat is a 180mi drive east for a local match and that match gets shooters up from Idaho. The second Sun is a 180mi drive west for a local match and that match gets shooters over from Washington and down from Canada. We are both in Area 1 and that that is probably a 2 day drive.

I have no idea if it is a consideration in your area Ron... but in my home state we have a lot of shooters who participate in both USPSA and IDPA... so the proximity on the calendar of both type matches is something we have to consider.

With 16 IDPA clubs and 8 or 9 USPSA clubs there is always overlap.... and as the number of cross over shooters gorows the worse it gets.