Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JimmyZip

JimmyZip

Out of tips for my production gun. Strapped on the TS iron tonight since I have about 4K of it loaded already. Took about 20 minutes to get comfortable, and an hour to really feel smooth. Will be interesting to see where this goes for a while. Am missing the plastic fantastic, but the trigger on the CZ gives you alot of time to shoot accurately. The big mags give you alot more time to shoot too. Hmmmm.......

PS, this gun is crazy heavy since I last shot it! Jeeze!

Edited by JimmyZip

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so heavy that it was a issue. I felt strangely smooth with this thing except for missing the safety on a table start. I guess I am really burned into the Glock. This thing shoots crazy accurate. I was able to call at speed today. This gun is forcing me to shoot faster. It shoots well now that I have figured out my ammo issues, mag issues, and grip issues of long ago. This was the first match I think I have shot this pistol and not felt uncomfortable. All want well. I think I am going to start shooting this thing regularly. It is a good gun, think I'll keep it. This was a time plus match. I only picked up one point of penalties. Will be interesting to see the results.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Shooting ports today at practice. We have all been shooting out at the range lately. We is myself and the group I usually shoot with. The competition between us is getting heated. Friendly, but still I can feel it.

Ports, ports, ports! Keep that gun up! I was running through drill after drill with the TS today. Ran a little glock, and that old shoe still fits. Then I got the TS out and ran drill after drill with it. Heavier, takes more muscle. Trigger is lighter.

Since I have my loads figured, and ticks out of my guns/gear, it is nice to shoot and not really have any issues other than form, or accuracy. It is all indian now. Nice to just be dealing with becoming a better shooter rather than a better reloader

I want to make B this year.

JZ

• 3 weeks later...

Last rang day, I really noticed how sluggish I am. Watching my videos, I noticed how slow and heavy on my feet I am so.....

I decided to start running again. I really started moving in that direction for a few months now. I tried to run then, but could not on account of just being out of shape. I bought a new set of rollerblades, and I skated an hour four to five times a week. My legs became stronger, and I noticed all my back pain went away too. I started moving easier, and bending down to work, got easier each day.

So tonight, before I dryfired, I ran for the second time this week. (I ran on Sunday) I thought I would just run a few miles Sunday, but I felt really good, and did three. Tonight I did four. I think I will see if I can just keep it there for a few weeks. We will see what this leads to. I want to be quick, nimble and light like when I was in my 20s. If I lose about 40 pounds, and get going, I will be able to move around a course better.

We shall see. Oh, and I did manage to drop four pounds this last month.

JZ

• 1 month later...

Running is paying off. I have lost ten pounds, and was lighter and quicker today. I think I shot my best match in a while. I had a great time. I was tracking my sights today better than ever. Happier with things now.

I have really noticed a slew of guys with cameras. I think I'm going to do that this year. It is just too cool to see gun camera footage on the internet. I think I'd like to post some of my own. Stage break down is improving. I let our club president know that I would like to put on the monthly reactive-steel match. I hope it works out.

JZ

Oh , yeah, and I was shooting production rig today too. I just really love that Glock. it is a joy to shoot.

Edited by JimmyZip

• 3 months later...

Wow, how things have changed. After that last post, I have been working a crazy schedule juggling two jobs. I started dry-firing again in the garage last week. Boy am I rusty! I went out to the range and threw 500 rounds down range today to clear my head. I shot for groups, and then shot the platerack from 40 yards to get to know where I stand with my accuracy. I really learned where my pistol hits from 40 on in today. I cannot tell you how good that makes me feel. I can clean the rack in 10 seconds at 40 after really getting dialed in. That may be slow for you, but for me, and not shooting much since March, let's just say I was pleased. At 20, I was shooting it in five and change with a six as a relaxed run.

I left the range feeling a bit better than when I showed up. I didn't feel much like working, so I went to the shop and built my first comp on the lathe and mill. I used some 1" bar stock, knocked the scale off of it, and then bored it to .675. I milled flats on it for the sides, then I used a small end mill to cut the ports in the top. and added some shallow fake ports on the bottom to mach the top, and get rid of some weight. Then I used a small die grinding tool to take off the roughness on the inside of the ports and polished and brushed the finished product. It is my first gun-related machining. I will try and post pics if I can before it goes on my buddies gun. He is using it in a competition this weekend.

Life, all things considered, is pretty sweet.

• 2 years later...

Well,

Since I last posted here, I started back in the film business in July of that year, went to work in NM, and was there pretty much until December of 2014. In all that time I shot little, and practiced some. Then, I decided, that I missed the family, and shooting, and just the domesticated life I had built in CA. Too many good things going on to just pick up and leave. Plenty of targets and gear, and the like to get busy shooting again. Picked up my 34, and started dryf iring as soon as I got back to CA, December 19, 2014.

What I have picked up though are some nice ARs, a CZ 712 utility, that is ready to go with the port modified, and the +4 extension, and my Supernova with the plus 5? 6? It will hold ten in the tube with the extension. That port is huge! Modifications un-needed.

Last night, I found my reload sweet spot. It has taken me about six months to find it, and realize it, and I'm working on imprinting it into my muscle memory. Gotta get that down. it works static, going right, and before that first step going left.

Luckily I still have plenty of components since I was buying all the time while I was gripping. Going north for vacation the end of the month, and will be bringing home ammo by the caseload!!

Am really enjoying a steady dry fire schedule. I am eager to shoot a match and see how I do considering all the dry fire and movement drills I have been doing.

We shall see.

Edited by JimmyZip

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I am! back, and going to rejoin PSGC. Just got back from the PacNM with Shannon road tripping the Oregon Coast. Beautiful is something I said hundreds of times.

So I was visiting with my father at an indoor range near Salem. Shooting his Kimbers, and Springfields, and a few full custom 1911s, I was able to hold a 4" to 5" group at 25 yards standard iso grip. Maximum range at the indoor range. Then with my g17, and g34, 21/2 to, 4 inches like it was not even a problem. Folks, if you want to shoot groups, that surprise break is really a good thing. I for the life of me just shoot Glocks better. Just such a trip.

i guess it is a good thing I am shooting Glocks then.

• 1 year later...

First time back dry fire in a year at least was about a month ago. Three to four times a week. First two were tough. Not gripping anymore and am I fat! (By my normal standards) Last week though, my transitions and reloads started to feel normal again. Like a part of my body and natural movement.

I knew I would never shoot a match again unless I could feel natural with a pistol in my hands again. Well, now I do. And I'm dry firing shotty as well.

Got some welding to do. Have to build some targets and clay holders.

Feels great!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Range time today, working on 2x2 with reloads, and the same from two positions and both r-l, and l-r. Reloads were smooth, and my accuracy is acceptable but not stellar. Need some work.

Next week, same drills at 15-20 yards.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Dry firing tonight very enjoyable. Hot and humid as hell tonight, but a solid 40 minutes of tight shots and movement. Need to find a match soon. Feeling good again with shooting, but have gained a bit of weight so a diet plan is in order. Strange that gripping without a diet, just basically no sodas, but eating catered food and craft service 5 days a week dropped my weight to 190.

I am 222 lbs as of last week, and man I feel every pound of it in my loss of mobility. There is basically a fat suit on my body. So here I go starting the other aspect of my get fit plan, start exercising. I was very active for most of my life until about a year ago. Then I just sort of let myself go.

I just got the green light from the doctor to start exercising and I am confident I can get something good put together.

Like coming back to the real world when you've been away from any kind of sports, or activity like after injury recovery. Glad my chassis seems good to go lol.

Enough rambling, off to bed.