Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boiler problems

nicfit212

Last year, had to replace the boiler.

This year, the new boiler has already failed, and the original installer is no longer returning my calls. I'm pretty sure he has no idea what to do.

At this point, should I just bite the bullet and call someone else to get my new boiler fixed? Many thousands of dollars that could be going to ammo.... :-(

When my furnace died, I called out a tech to diagnose the problem. This cost $79, he told me what was wrong and quoted me about $480 to fix it. I found the necessary part online (control box) for $140 and fitted it myself.

The moral of this story is, get someone to diagnose the problem and tell you what's wrong. Then fix it yourself. The guy who diagnosed my furnace, told me the parts were $320. I got it for $140 on the internet and installed it in less than 30 minutes.... go figure.

You may call the fellow who did your work and leave a message to the effect that if he doesn't return your call and speak to you about the problem you are going to make a call to your state Construction Industries Division or whoever licenses contractors in your state and file a complaint. Might just get him to respond.

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry