Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Girls

JimmyZip

Last Thursday my Ear/Nose/Throat doctor straightenend my septum and I've been laid up in bed until today. ( With trips to the john and to the computer to check out the forum) My Kids who are great but normally quite a handful have been on their best behavior ever. I owe them big time! Will take them to the street fair in a couple of weeks for a frozen Italian ice and a hot dog. :) (One of their Favorites)

Tomorrow I will spend my day off testing rounds and working up a load for my new bullets

Thanks girls I Love You! ;)

BDJ( Big Daddy Jimbo)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to second post-op appointment today. Doc says that I'm coming along fine and that let's see if that's all we need to do. Yes the nose is still tender, but not as bad as last week and now I can shoot clearheaded as I'm off those wild antibiotics. (tweaked me more than the vicodin)

So if the sleep apnea isn't cleared up inside a year, he wants to take out my tonsils,( which are huge) and my adnoids. he says that that is also more painful than when you are young. I'm not old but I am 38. So we'll see. He also said that losing 35 lbs would go a long way to helping the whole issue. I wish he would have said, "Eat what you want and everything will be okay, and forget exercise, it's a waste of time." But he didn't. :mellow:

He also said that losing 35 lbs would go a long way to helping the whole issue.

Yeah, don't you hate it when the doc's say that :angry2: , even if it is true :lol:

OBTW, did he have to break your nose or did he just do the 'roto-rooter' on you. My doc has been after me for years to let him rebreak my nose. Uh... no.. I just don't think that's going to happen. It hurt bad enough when I wasn't expecting it, I can't imagine what it would feel like knowing it was coming.

dj

Last Thursday my Ear/Nose/Throat doctor straightenend my septum and I've been laid up in bed until today. ( With trips to the john and to the computer to check out the forum) My Kids who are great but normally quite a handful have been on their best behavior ever. I owe them big time! Will take them to the street fair in a couple of weeks for a frozen Italian ice and a hot dog. :) (One of their Favorites)

Tomorrow I will spend my day off testing rounds and working up a load for my new bullets

Thanks girls I Love You! ;)

BDJ( Big Daddy Jimbo)

You got lucky on one front. Good kids are a lifetime blessing....... and some people don't get that blessed. :cheers:

Edited by bountyhunter

He also said that losing 35 lbs would go a long way to helping the whole issue.

Yeah, but that's pretty much true for just about anything that ails most of America....

Amen to that! Worst problem is that I'm the cook here and I hate diet food. Like Garefield said, "Diet is die with a t". Well I decided to start running and working out in the morning. The guys at work and I built an improvised workout station between the two main poly silos, and I have a great running track in the desert near our shop. I'll bring out Aussie Cattledog with me, she'll love it.

JZ

It appears that "lose 35lbs" is as good as penicilin, according to most doctors it will cure nearly anything. Bastards.

But what do they know, after 7 years at University, three years training at a hospital, they still call it a practice. Can't wait until game day!!!

Worst part is, after losing 20lbs, I suspect they may be right. BASTARDS!

Get well soon. My Boss had all the operations, lost the weight and he still landed up on a night time ventilator. Saved his life though. He was an Olympian snorer. We went away hunting a few years ago I woke up to belt the idiot next to me for snoring and he was already up rolling a smoke. The snoring came from the hut the boss was in (we got the tent, and possibly not the short straw). He could be heard 30yards away I did not want to be in that hut. :surprise:

.....still landed up on a night time ventilator. Saved his life though.

Amen to that. They'll get my CPAP machine when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!

A guy I work with had such a hard time adjusting to sleeping with his machine (and there is a period of adjustment - strange sensation, but manageable) that he elected for a surgical option. In his case, he described the initial pain as horrible, with lingering long-term discomfort which eventually stopped.

The worst past, he said, was that for the first 6 months he had no sense of taste, and for the next 6 months, everything tasted *wrong*.

It took ~2 weeks for me to get comfortable with sleeping with the machine, but now I don't even notice it.

It appears that "lose 35lbs" is as good as penicilin, according to most doctors it will cure nearly anything. Bastards.
My wife runs the cardiac unit at the county hospital and her staff routinely gives the "lose weight" lecture to all the fatties with diabetes and heat failure....

The punch line is that the cows on her staff are fatter than any patient they ever get. They all have bad knees and joints from the weight overload, they all have "disabled" parking stickers and use up all the parking spaces the patients should be getting.... they actually have to order special wide-body, heavy duty chairs for them to sit in (no joke).

It must be hard to keep from laughing when being lectured to lose weight by somebody who waddles in on a cane and can barely get their 400 pound carcass out of a chair.