Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I predict

Merlin Orr

Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

I like that one Merlin... I'll go with the ones on my sig. ;)

Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Happiness for Americans. Hasn't quite worked out that way, has it?

dj

Well, I for one will say this,

I like potable drinking water, firefighters, police and sheriff deputies, garbage collection, food and health standards, passable roads, breathable air, free primary education to the 12th grade, grants for college, national and state parks, a decent if not perfect court system, the armed forces of which I was once one, and the ability to recourse should anything not be what I paid for it.

I know taxes are high, and sometimes our gov't gets it wrong, even way wrong but,

The Firefighters have saved my skin more than once.( Heart attack at 34!)

Cops are a deterrent to some extent and my wife can call them when I am away.

I don't care for certain expeditures of my tax dollars, but go to some third-world countries and think about their lives. America may need a tune-up, but I still love this place and I still vote.

Sorry if I hijacked this Merlin, I just love this country! (as I'm sure you do too!)