Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 loading .308

I just got my 1050 setup today. When sizing any of my cases (all once fired in M1A, LC, WWC, or FC) I can not get the headspace to where it needs to be.

The measure ~1.638 before sizing and 1.637 using the stock Dillon die and setup. I can screw the die in slightly without crushing the shell plate (tried adjusting the plate slightly tighter to remove vertical wiggle at seater station) and get it to 1.634. When I put in a Redding small-base full-length die, I can get them to 1.633+. Using the Redding die in a single stage press I can get them down to 1.629 before bottoming out on the shell holder.

Has anyone seen this problem? Have I missed something?

Thanks

C

• 5 weeks later...
I just got my 1050 setup today. When sizing any of my cases (all once fired in M1A, LC, WWC, or FC) I can not get the headspace to where it needs to be.

The measure ~1.638 before sizing and 1.637 using the stock Dillon die and setup. I can screw the die in slightly without crushing the shell plate (tried adjusting the plate slightly tighter to remove vertical wiggle at seater station) and get it to 1.634. When I put in a Redding small-base full-length die, I can get them to 1.633+. Using the Redding die in a single stage press I can get them down to 1.629 before bottoming out on the shell holder.

Has anyone seen this problem? Have I missed something?

Thanks

C

Does the case that you resized with the Dillon die fit correctly in your checking die?? Does the check die show shoulder setback??

If it fits the check die, it will fit any normal chamber. If you need to size smaller, be careful about setting the shoulder back.