Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Baseball is right around the corner!

jasmap

I can't wait for baseball to get started. Spring training tickets are already on sale, I live in the DBacks backyard and the Cactus League area, and I'm fired up. My Braves may not be as good as they were during the 90's but they're still my Braves! Maybe Dale Murphy, the greatest player of the 1980's, will make a comeback and get his 400th homerun.

Go Braves!

Edited by jasmap

little less than a month before pitchers and catchers report. Astros fan here! definately can't wait. Just wish we had a couple of good starting arms. right now we just have Oswalt, and well the others starters in my opinion could be the 4th starter on most teams. I think we need a good number 2 and 3 starter if we plan to contend unless we just outscore everyone, which are lineup is capable of doing. Hopefully Tejada doesn't go to jail, that would defenitly put a dent in our offense.

I can't wait for baseball to get started. Spring training tickets are already on sale, I live in the DBacks backyard and the Cactus League area, and I'm fired up. My Braves may not be as good as they were during the 90's but they're still my Braves! Maybe Dale Murphy, the greatest player of the 1980's, will make a comeback and get his 400th homerun.

Go Braves!

Wishful thinking . . . both about the return and being the greatest player. I recall a guy named Sandberg . . .

Speaking of wishful thinking, this is the year my Cubs break their 100 year World Series drought!!!!!!!

Go Braves!

Wishful thinking . . . both about the return and being the greatest player. I recall a guy named Sandberg . . .

Speaking of wishful thinking, this is the year my Cubs break their 100 year World Series drought!!!!!!!

David......poor misguided David. :cheers: Throughout the 80's Dale Murphy had 308 HR's and 929 RBI's compared to Ryno's 139 HR's and 549 RBI's. Not much comparison there. In all seriousness, Ryno is one of my favorite players of all time and definitely my favorite 2nd baseman of all time.

Not to rain on anybody's parade but could we at least get football out of the way first, I remember when it ended in December. But the Lions usually ended theirs in September so then it was go Wings because the Pistons were usually second string losers. Being here is great because there is not a major league team within 700 miles so local TV & Radio don't get advertising to carry anaything. But let the Montana Grizzlies or Bobcats play anywhere and anything is subject to preemption.

Go Braves!

David......poor misguided David. :cheers: Throughout the 80's Dale Murphy had 308 HR's and 929 RBI's compared to Ryno's 139 HR's and 549 RBI's. Not much comparison there. In all seriousness, Ryno is one of my favorite players of all time and definitely my favorite 2nd baseman of all time.

You're going apples to oranges, here, my friend. Outfielder v. second baseman. Not trying to diminish Murphy - great player and phenomenal human being. But when you throw in Sandberg's defensive stats, leadership and intangibles (like ground balls behind runners on first with less than two out), Ryno is definitely a contender.

Go Braves!

You're going apples to oranges, here, my friend. Outfielder v. second baseman. Not trying to diminish Murphy - great player and phenomenal human being. But when you throw in Sandberg's defensive stats, leadership and intangibles (like ground balls behind runners on first with less than two out), Ryno is definitely a contender.

Actually I agree David. I just wanted to give you some crap. Murphy, Sandberg, Boggs, and "The Hawk" Dawson are just a few of my favorites that kicked butt during that era.

Unfortunately Paper Killer is right....Murphy isn't in the Hall. I doubt he ever will be either. Ryno definitely deserved it though.

Edited by jasmap