Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you read this?

pmd

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

I copied this from another site - I was too was surprised I could read and understand..

was that 'alarming' or 'amazing' ?

a there is a z....

NM

miranda

Looks normal to me, what is the problem????? :unsure:

edited to add: I can read that at normal speed :D But I am a bit F'd up :D

Edited by zhunter

Some people are sight readers and some are not. Wife's a teacher and was a reading coach for several years. Strange thing is that how you read can have very little to do with comprehension. The way the mind decodes or fails to is quite an interesting topic. I showed her that and she pulled out a book and showed me something similar. :rolleyes:

Looks like a lot of the typing I regularly post! If it wasn't for spell checker, almost all of my writings would look like that!

Actually it is very interesting that one can read that at near normal speed and comprehend the meaning. I have seen that same peice or a very similar one on a construction site. I think there it was refering to the Specifications book for the project!

Jim

Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Yes I can read it but I don't like it.

Sorry, it's an obsession with me. Monk moment.

Edited by LadyinBlue