Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My name is Dale and I'm a televisionaholic

AikiDale

When, on 17 February 2009, my analog television set ceases to provide me with meaningless hours of pseudo entertainmen, I just may yield to the temptation to not run out and buy a new set. No converter box, no HDTV, no satellite and no cable. Might read a book. Or reload. Maybe practice shooting.

See you on the range....

Post modern neo luddites to the rescue!

:cheers:

Dude

IF you are fighting the HDTV/converter box/cable/satellite movement, I hope you are shooting a GI Model .45 with fixed GI sights, no ambi-safeties, no magwell etc.....

CUZ otherwise, you are a hypocritical MO-FO

:wacko:

Edited by zhunter

When, on 17 February 2009, my analog television set ceases to provide me with meaningless hours of pseudo entertainmen, I just may yield to the temptation to not run out and buy a new set. No converter box, no HDTV, no satellite and no cable. Might read a book. Or reload. Maybe practice shooting.

See you on the range....

Post modern neo luddites to the rescue!

:cheers:

When you are taping reruns of Fear factor..... then you know you really have a problem!

Thanks Clyde, but I have a phone. It does Word, Excel and the internet as well as let me talk to people. :P

Z,

I'm not fighting the technology, I'm considering hiding from it. It's a major waste of time. Like I said, I'm a TVaHolic. If I let it pass me by I could put the time to much better use. If I give into temptation I'll buy a flat screen HDTV and Satellite service. Then I can watch has been wanna be athletes on steroids beat up former celebrities or listen to people who can not hold a tune be berated for their incompetence for my amusement. I can watch cops chase camera lights, and judge Judy humiliate idiots. "Five minutes to judge Wapner."

Oh, yeah, by the way; I have a Colt Commander in .45 ACP with fixed sights, no ambi.

It's depressing how much time I spend in front of a TV.

In some ways I justify it. Like Discovery Channel, or watching a golf tournament and observing how other competitors work.

Someday I'll have to accept the fact that it's in some way living vicariously through the TV, which directly implies NOT living.

I watch Survivorman on TV and somehow believe that connects me with what I really wish I was doing . . . spending time outdoors.

Or I watch The Masters and should at some point realize I'd rather be competing instead of watching others compete.

TV is such a waste of time. I can gripe about all the hours I put in at work, but I'm a hypocrite if I then stay up late at night in front of the tube.

This is one of those threads that makes me understand how much I mis-spend some of my time.

Thanks!

J

I never watch TV. My wife has total control of the remote so all that's ever on is Gilmore Girls, Days Of Our Lives, How Do I Look, etc.

But that's OK because I found that I can waste just as much time in this forum :surprise::D

DonT

I never watch TV. My wife has total control of the remote so all that's ever on is Gilmore Girls, Days Of Our Lives, How Do I Look, etc.

But that's OK because I found that I can waste just as much time in this forum :surprise::D

DonT

Three t.v.s in this household of five, of which I am the only male. I bought two new pistols, renovated my SDB, found this forum, and bought Steve Anderson'd books this year.( Got BE's last year, that's how I found the forum) Only reason I'm not dryfiring or reloading is post-surgery recouperation.And man it is KILLING ME! Not the pain, just the fact that I live in a warm climate and my guns and gear have been idle since the 17th. Oh well, I'll stop crying like a baby.

JZ

DonT

Three t.v.s in this household of five, of which I am the only male. I bought two new pistols, renovated my SDB, found this forum, and bought Steve Anderson'd books this year.( Got BE's last year, that's how I found the forum) Only reason I'm not dryfiring or reloading is post-surgery recouperation.And man it is KILLING ME! Not the pain, just the fact that I live in a warm climate and my guns and gear have been idle since the 17th. Oh well, I'll stop crying like a baby.

JZ

Dude!

Call NBC before the writers strike is over. You could be a 'REALITY' show! :devil:

Doesn't eveybody have an entertainment center like this....

old_tv_matrix.jpg

My grandma had one like it. I remember she called it "THE HI-FI". Jose and I had fun playing the 33's at 16, 45 and 78.

Thanks for the memories, HoMiE... :D

Yes, long ago they DID call it a "Hi-Fi" (complete with booming bass--some things never change), then they called them "The Stereo", and I have no notion what they're calling them now--other than "Home Theatre", which is a specific term for rich folks' specially-built rooms where they eat popcorn with their family/friends.

Yeh, 'Quadraphonic' was something that seemingly priced a lot of people out of the picture. It came and went... and then I heard no more about it.

Then there were the numerous folks who tended to call their sound systems "steerio." (pronounced like Cheerios). That annoyed me, I'm afraid.

then they called them "The Stereo".

I also remember my dad's quadraphonic and the Phase4 records. Can you say Hi-Tech?

How about 8 track tapes!!

You know Nemo, the Barry White ones you had in your Mom's Station Wagon when you took your dates to "La Guancha" for some late night Stargazing!!!

I knew SOMEONE would bring up the 8-tracks. :lol: Back then we ended up having to haul around a big cardboard box in and out of the car all the time (we didn't want to leave them IN the car--people broke into cars in Oakland, CA for less) and yet that was the technology of the day.

You know Nemo, the Barry White ones you had in your Mom's Station Wagon when you took your dates to "La Guancha" for some late night Stargazing!!!

My mom's Cutlass Cruiser... :D Ah, the memories... :devil: I hope that car never learns to talk... :o

What do you mean Barry White? The 8tracks were of "Los Angeles Negros" and "Siglo XXI" :goof:

My mom's Cutlass Cruiser... :D Ah, the memories... :devil: I hope that car never learns to talk... :o

What do you mean Barry White? The 8tracks were of "Los Angeles Negros" and "Siglo XXI" :goof:

OK, I was wrong, but.... You are not man enough to admit that you had a stash of Barry Manilow 8-Track tapes for those hard-to-crack cases!!! I know it was a last ditch effort to seal the deal!!