Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ice Magwell

Sean Gaines

Is this common with the hardchromed magwell. I haven't used it that much and the hardchroming is comming off, and its starting to look like a brass magwell. It would seem to me that the hardchrome plating would almost last forever. I am about to sent the magwell back, and debating on getting a replacement hardchrome, or just get the aluminum one. Its just looks plain ugly.

thanks in advance.

Sean

Brass is a relatively soft metal that will ding fairly easily and the chrome is a very hard metal that is probably very brittle. As a result, when you hit the magwell with the magazine, the brass will ding up while the chrome will most likely crack/flake due to it's brittleness.

Brass is a relatively soft metal that will ding fairly easily and the chrome is a very hard metal that is probably very brittle. As a result, when you hit the magwell with the magazine, the brass will ding up while the chrome will most likely crack/flake due to it's brittleness.

I know what you are saying, but thats not whats hapening, it is from normal wear. Its like the hard chrome was put on too thin and where my hand touches it, it is rubbing off. kinda like bluing. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Paper killer,

Have you tried to contact the manufacture and work the problem out? If you give them a chance to make it right then please post your results. I know this doesn't answer your post but if you are having the problem then there is a good chance that you are not the only one out there. I will wait and see if DP will stand behind thier product, which I believe they will.

Scott

Paper killer,

Have you tried to contact the manufacture and work the problem out? If you give them a chance to make it right then please post your results. I know this doesn't answer your post but if you are having the problem then there is a good chance that you are not the only one out there. I will wait and see if DP will stand behind thier product, which I believe they will.

Scott

The magwell is on it way to dawson as we speak, they said they would make it good. So I will be recieving another one here by the end of the week.