Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practical Shotgun/Rifle Safety Courses - Texas area?

IceDragon

Hi,

I've unexpectedly got a chance to go to the US, in a few months' time! I'm really excited, obviously. I've got a Foreign National Membership with the USPSA and I'm from the UK (and have UKPSA membership).

I'm looking to make the most of my time in the US, so am currently exploring possibilities of doing a Practical Shotgun/Rifle Safety Course during this time. Does anybody know if there's any courses in the Austin, Texas area? If not Austin, then in the state?

Thanks,

Lab. :)

Lab, Karl's facility is close to Austin, but his long gun course is in late January. KR Training

TDSA southeast of Dallas, and not too bad of a drive from Austin, has an urban rifle and defensive shotgun longgun combo course on March 17th.

TacPro is another option, but it is farther away, west of Dallas-Fort Worth.

I'm looking to make the most of my time in the US, so am currently exploring possibilities of doing a Practical Shotgun/Rifle Safety Course during this time. Does anybody know if there's any courses in the Austin, Texas area? If not Austin, then in the state?

Thanks,

"In the state" I'd be careful. Being from the U.K., you might not be used to the distances. If I remember correctly Texas is about 2.5 times the size of the U.K. I know a few people who have been through tac pro. They said it was very good. Run by an Englishman too. Good Luck and welcome to Texas!

Thanks guys!! I'll definitely look into those options. :)

Cheers J-Ho for the headsup on the size-thing. :) -I should've worded it differently. ;) -Didn't wanna limit my choices.

Should have clarified: Apart from TDSA, are the above IPSC/USPSA Practical Shotgun Courses? -I should have said. -That's what I'm looking for.

Edited by IceDragon

Thanks guys!! I'll definitely look into those options. :)

Cheers J-Ho for the headsup on the size-thing. :) -I should've worded it differently. ;) -Didn't wanna limit my choices.

Should have clarified: Apart from TDSA, are the above IPSC/USPSA Practical Shotgun Courses? -I should have said. -That's what I'm looking for.

They definitely should be, Lab. I wouldn't hesitate to correspond with the owner/operators. Karl is a forum member. He is very "in the know" and may be able to help you.