Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double action rev question

Fireant

OK, this one came up the other day: can you shoot an eight shoot revolver in the double action cat.?

From Steel Challenge Rules:

4. "IDPA STOCK SERVICE REVOLVER DIVISION"

"Any revolver of 9mm/38 Special Caliber or larger with a barrel length of 5" or less (7 & 8 shot revolvers permitted, but may only load six rounds). No external modifications other than changing sights and grips will be permitted."

and

"REVOLVER DIVISION"

Entrants competing with revolvers will compete in Open Class AND overall Revolver. Open Revolver has no restrictions for maximum rounds or use of optics.

So, it appears that you can, but I don't really understand what the divisions really are. The rules seem to be very vague and not very well organized with headings and descriptions.

OK, this one came up the other day: can you shoot an eight shoot revolver in the double action cat.?

"Any revolver of 9mm/38 Special Caliber or larger with a barrel length of 5" or less (7 & 8 shot revolvers permitted, but may only load six rounds). No external modifications other than changing sights and grips will be permitted."

and

"REVOLVER DIVISION"

Entrants competing with revolvers will compete in Open Class AND overall Revolver. Open Revolver has no restrictions for maximum rounds or use of optics.

So, it appears that you can, but I don't really understand what the divisions really are. The rules seem to be very vague and not very well organized with headings and descriptions.

I was thinking the same thing. For all other divisions you have to meet the equipment for the division( production, limited, ESP, etc) but I guess for revolver you do not.

and

"REVOLVER DIVISION"

8 shot revo's with 8 shots for revo division, 8 shot revo's with only 6 shots for IDPA division.

You have to sign up for one or the other, can't do both IIRC.

Funny that you can use a 5 inch brl when IDPA only allows 4 inch.

The only thing Odd is the Jerry rule. =AKA You can not enter in Open Rev and Iron Sight rev. combined entry

What Jerry does as shoots his Iron sight Rev in the Limited class

I shoot combined with an Open Rev and an Open Auto. I don't think to many others do that, But it is available.

Same Here

The only thing Odd is the Jerry rule. =AKA You can not enter in Open Rev and Iron Sight rev. combined entry

What Jerry does as shoots his Iron sight Rev in the Limited class

I shoot combined with an Open Rev and an Open Auto. I don't think to many others do that, But it is available.

You can shoot your 8 shot revolver loaded with 8 rounds in either Open (optics) revolver or iron sight revolver. I don't even think they recognize IDPA revolver, (yet). When shooting a double entry in Piru, they only allow certain combinations of entries.

Seiichi