Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Faxing over internet

BigDave

We just decided to cease our home phone service, but continue our DSL connection. I'm running a Mac (OS X 10.4.11) - is there any way to fax from my machine over the DSL line. I know the Mac has an on board fax client, but it requires a dial tone (which, pardon me, seems so stone age at this point).

Any help, tips or tricks are appreciated!!!

We just decided to cease our home phone service, but continue our DSL connection. I'm running a Mac (OS X 10.4.11) - is there any way to fax from my machine over the DSL line. I know the Mac has an on board fax client, but it requires a dial tone (which, pardon me, seems so stone age at this point).

Any help, tips or tricks are appreciated!!!

fax is lame-just scan it to a pdf and email it.

• 2 weeks later...

+ 1 on efax, especially for free incoming faxes. I've been using them for a n/c dedicated incoming fax number since 2000. You can upgrade to send faxes, w/o a modem via an email attachment, for 169.95/yr or 16.95/month. But I don't send that many faxes so to me it's not worth it. If you're OSX Mac has a modem you can fax with it by selecting "Print," then selecting "Fax PDF" from the "PDF" button at the bottom, left corner of the print dialog window - type in the number and fax away.

But I guess to answer your question BigDave, I don't know of any way to fax from Mac w/o a modem, other than efax or some other similar solution.

be