Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Kimme

Caspian_45

Doug Kimme lost his son, Danny, a few days ago. He was killed in Iraq.

Doug is a police officer in Champaign, IL. He has been shootin' IPSC/USPSA since the 80's (USPSA number CA-30). So he's been around. I figure there are several out there in Enoverse that know Doug. Doug just found out yesterday.

Danny shot some local USPSA matches (USPSA number A-54068). He was in the Army 101st Airborne.

My prayers are with Doug and those that are close to Danny.

Edited by Caspian_45

We had the pleasure and honor of shooting with Doug and Danny shortly before Danny reported for duty. Doug's pride in his son and what his son was about to do was evident. I am grateful to Danny for the sacrifice he has made for our nation and to protect my family and me. I share in Doug's sorrow at the loss of this fine young man. I pray for God's comfort and blessings for the Kimme family.

My deepest sympathies to Doug and his family. I've never met them and yet this touches me on several levels.

By serving in the military Danny donated a time of his life for his fellow citizens. By dying in a foreign war he gave up his life for them; "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." and this makes him a loved one.

Danny served in the 101st Airborne. Kentuckians consider the Screaming Eagles adopted sons and this make him a loved one.

As a USPSA shooter Danny was a member of our shooting family and, as these forums demonstrate time and again, we hold one another in high regard. This makes him a loved one.

"No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind;"

Thoughts and Prayers are with the family.

My Dad was with the 101st twice while I was growing up.

Where do these fine young men keep coming from. It sure isn't the USA I see on the news.

Godbless and Godspeed.

Doug's son did indeed do a noble thing for us, and our country. I know Doug personally, and do agree that Doug was very proud of his son, and what he was doing for our country.

I can't imagine what Doug is going through now, and I can only offer my thoughts and prayers.

Joel Ripper and Family

Lastest info I have.

CHAMPAIGN- Champaign Police Officer Douglas Kimme is mourning the loss of his son.

Pfc. Danny L. Kimme, 27, of Fisher, Illinois died January 16 of wounds suffered in Balad, Iraq, after being attacked by grenade and small arms fire during combat operations.

They were assigned to the 1st Squadron, 32nd Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, Fort Campbell, KY.

Fisher Amvets is planning a memorial for Kimme. Two other soldiers were also killed while supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

We had the pleasure and honor of shooting with Doug and Danny shortly before Danny reported for duty. Doug's pride in his son and what his son was about to do was evident. I am grateful to Danny for the sacrifice he has made for our nation and to protect my family and me. I share in Doug's sorrow at the loss of this fine young man. I pray for God's comfort and blessings for the Kimme family.

My heart hurts for the loss of Doug's son. Prayers of comfort, peace and healing sent up.