Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tiger Valley 3-gun?

They are a blast...The Tiger valley crew are very creative and they always have high round counts and several things that other matches don't have, like movers at 200 yards, a prop helicopter on coil springs and a paint gun that shoots back. I recomend that everyone attend that can. It is money well spent.

Sheldon

Tiger Valley 3 Gun Challenge 4-25 to 4-27 Waco, TX

TJ Pilling, is the owner of Tiger Valley and the match director for the Tiger Valley 3 Gun Challenge. He asked that I post this information on all the boards as soon as possible to get people signed up.

Tiger Valley is putting on a 3 Gun Match April 25th-27th at their range in Waco TX.

Tiger Valley has a lot of unique props they incorporate into challenging stages.

Trooper Class will be recognized at this match. 2008 Trooper Rules here: http://www.cavalryarms.com/competition/trooperrules.html

Match Fee is $150. Match application is here: http://www.cavalryarms.com/competition/200...Application.doc (until posted on Tiger Valley’s site.)

Entries limited to 80 Shooters.

·Top shooter in each class will receive a prize, all other prizes will be awarded by Random Drawing.

·International Multi-Gun Rules with Total Time Scoring

·Minimum ammo: 250 rifle, 150 pistol, shotgun 50 rounds bird shot, and 5 rounds slugs

·Sign in starts at 8:00 the 25th. Shooting Starts at 8:30.

·Lunch is available on the range all 3 days for $5.00 per meal.

·Long Range Side match on Sunday 600-1,000 yard shooting $25.00 entry with cash pay out.

·Vendor Product Demos on Sunday

Match Details and Rules to be posted on www.tigervalley.com

Tiger Valley 3 Gun Challenge 4-25 to 4-27 Waco, TX

TJ Pilling, is the owner of Tiger Valley and the match director for the Tiger Valley 3 Gun Challenge. He asked that I post this information on all the boards as soon as possible to get people signed up.

Tiger Valley is putting on a 3 Gun Match April 25th-27th at their range in Waco TX.

Tiger Valley has a lot of unique props they incorporate into challenging stages.

Trooper Class will be recognized at this match. 2008 Trooper Rules here: http://www.cavalryarms.com/competition/trooperrules.html

Match Fee is $150. Match application is here: http://www.cavalryarms.com/competition/200...Application.doc (until posted on Tiger Valley’s site.)

Entries limited to 80 Shooters.

·Top shooter in each class will receive a prize, all other prizes will be awarded by Random Drawing.

·International Multi-Gun Rules with Total Time Scoring

·Minimum ammo: 250 rifle, 150 pistol, shotgun 50 rounds bird shot, and 5 rounds slugs

·Sign in starts at 8:00 the 25th. Shooting Starts at 8:30.

·Lunch is available on the range all 3 days for $5.00 per meal.

·Long Range Side match on Sunday 600-1,000 yard shooting $25.00 entry with cash pay out.

·Vendor Product Demos on Sunday

Match Details and Rules to be posted on www.tigervalley.com

Is this match being put on by Cavalry Arms and just hosted by TJ...????? :mellow:

Is this match being put on by Cavalry Arms and just hosted by TJ...????? :mellow:

Please note it is called the Tiger Valley 3 Gun Challenge. TJ is putting it on. All payments for the match go to Tiger Valley. TJ is the match director. He has the final say on any issues/questions.

We're simply being the match sponsor for this match as we are for others. We'll help RO if he needs it. Running a big match is a lot of work we simply do not have time for. I posted the match announcement all over the net because I am online a lot more than TJ is.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

I want to go, but dont think I got the skills

jevonniespapi,

No skills necessary. (If you have seen me shoot, you know the truth of that. :devil: ) That having been said, a 3-gun match is not the best place to learn safe gun handling in a match, especially a Tiger Valley match, which typically has more jumping, climbing, crawling, etc., than a club match. If you have a few handgun matches in, that is not a problem.

Your profile does not have a location. Let us know where you are and maybe we can suggest some lower-key matches before Tiger Valley.

We'll help RO if he needs it.

Please. That is one area TJ usually needs help. There are usually too many stages and shooters for him and his guys to smoothly run a match.

Lee

Im in Fort Hood Texas. Ive been checkin out 3 gun stuff for the longest on the net, as Ive been around the world and back again! Kinda just got back a few months ago. I got an M4 and a XD45, but just cant decide which shotgun to get, thinkin of a 1187.

I basically got here 2 months ago, and want to get into the action FINALLY!

Thanks, Ill wait for the advice.

Im in Fort Hood Texas. Ive been checkin out 3 gun stuff for the longest on the net, as Ive been around the world and back again! Kinda just got back a few months ago. I got an M4 and a XD45, but just cant decide which shotgun to get, thinkin of a 1187.

Welcome Home! I'm also stationed at Hood - I assume you're with 1CD?? If you want to get into 3 Gun, you're in the right place. Copperas Cove Pistol Club (Google is your friend) hosts a 3-Gun match every month (4th Saturday) - lots of us AD military types and old retired guys shoot this match - maybe 20 minutes from Fortress Hood.

As for the shotgun, several types seem to be pretty popular with the 3-Gun crowd. The leading candidate is probably the Benelli (M2 seems to be the most popular) - from what I've seen, they seem to run very close to 100%.

Many folks also shoot the REM 1100; I've got a REM 1100 Competition Master that's been OK (runs 98-99%) since I bored out the gas holes a bit. Guess it just comes down to how much you want to spend and the level of reliability you're willing to accept - if I had it to do all over again, I'd probably save a bit more money and get a Benny Hill custom M2 Benelli.

If you want me to put you in contact with the Copperas Cove club leadership, send me your e-mail and I'll get you linked up.

Welcome Home! I'm also stationed at Hood - I assume you're with 1CD?? If you want to get into 3 Gun, you're in the right place. Copperas Cove Pistol Club (Google is your friend) hosts a 3-Gun match every month (4th Saturday) - lots of us AD military types and old retired guys shoot this match - maybe 20 minutes from Fortress Hood.

As for the shotgun, several types seem to be pretty popular with the 3-Gun crowd. The leading candidate is probably the Benelli (M2 seems to be the most popular) - from what I've seen, they seem to run very close to 100%.

Many folks also shoot the REM 1100; I've got a REM 1100 Competition Master that's been OK (runs 98-99%) since I bored out the gas holes a bit. Guess it just comes down to how much you want to spend and the level of reliability you're willing to accept - if I had it to do all over again, I'd probably save a bit more money and get a Benny Hill custom M2 Benelli.

If you want me to put you in contact with the Copperas Cove club leadership, send me your e-mail and I'll get you linked up.

Old guys,, Who are you talking about ,, :closedeyes:

Oh ya ME. :surprise:

We prefer the term “Old fat retired guys.” :rolleyes:

Jim

This match will have lots of twists and turns to it. Like stated by others, don't be afraid to shoot the match. It is the best learning experience you can have. Just watching the likes of Orr, Bennie Hill and the crew is worth the entry fee. They are more then willing to help new shooters out, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't worry about the physical stuff, I'm 53 and I don't put anything in a stage that I can't do myself. Lots of great things planned for this event. The first stage of the team Sniper Match we just finished was 4 hours long. I don't have a plan for a stage quite that long for this one......just some other stuff.