Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Military or commercial brass$

Pigdawg

I need to buy some .308 brass for some post sample M1919a4s some friends are building. I have the chance to buy either commercial once fired or processed once fired military brass, can some of you guys give me the pros and cons of military vs commercial brass?

The commercial is once fired off of police ranges and has not been cleaned, deprimed or trimmed. The mil surplus has been deprimed, primer pockets swaged and trimmed for length if that has any bearing on your reply.

If the price is the same I would go for the brass that is ready to load. I like Mil brass, it just seems to be more consistent to me. I'm to lazy to swage primer pockets so I usually load on commercial unless doing some small group work.

I need to buy some .308 brass for some post sample M1919a4s some friends are building. I have the chance to buy either commercial once fired or processed once fired military brass, can some of you guys give me the pros and cons of military vs commercial brass?

The commercial is once fired off of police ranges and has not been cleaned, deprimed or trimmed. The mil surplus has been deprimed, primer pockets swaged and trimmed for length if that has any bearing on your reply.

Military .308 brass is fired out of machine guns. Head separations are not uncommon. If you only plan on shooting it one more time, get the military.