Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advantage Tactical Sights

slidelock1

I have seen some of these sights mounted on pistols and they look pretty awesome. The front sight JUMPS out and it seems that it would be THE set-up for Limited, Production, and SS. Yet, I don't see them at the matches. Is there any reason shooters seem to prefer the all black or the FO sights to these type of sights?

They actually look slower to me to use. With a notch and post if the front sight is somewhere in the middle it's good for close up targets and of course distance is lining them up a bit more. With these sights, there is no middle, the front sight is either there or not. Also for precise shots it looks like you have to line up five things, three sides on the bottom and make the sides of the pyramids flat. They could be just the thing for shooting IPSC, but I think I'll pass.

Here's a funny co-inky dink...

John Bagakis, who endorses these sights on their website is on the limited nats, shooting a REVO that does not look like it has these sights. anyone know him? He finished #2, is he "one of us"?

Edited by dirtypool40

I shot with him and Jerry at Area 2. He is a Master in Revolver and solid. Nice guy. I don't think those sights were on his gun though? Maybe they were?

We had a go'round on these sights before. Springer linked us to a thread on the XD forum where they were being pushed pretty hard. If you want to have fun, search for my user name over there and that should put you on the sight thread.

• 4 years later...

Note: Merged topics, here. - Admin.

Has anyone tried these yet? I just saw Brownells is selling them now for Glock, M&P, Sig, and XD... From everything I have read and watched they seem pretty good and reviews have all been great...

Let me know if you guys have any experience with these... I am currently using a Dawson F/O front sight with a 10/8 U notch rear and love them.

Edited by Flexmoney

I picked up a set from a prize table, so I thought I'd give them a try. Put them on an XD, used them for a month, then went back to the FO front/black rear. They worked okay for close targets, not so well for longer ones. For me, they were pretty bad when I was shooting in less than bright sunlight, meaning even if the sight was in a shadow.