Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kudos to Dillon

A few weeks ago I stumbled onto a little SDB for next to nothing. Looked in good shape but had a few parts missing, etc. so I called Dillon, explained things and was told for a flat rate they'd clean, repair & refurbish. Seemed like a real bargain for $29.95 so, off it went. Got it back last Friday (along with the requisite add-ons) and shazaam, looked like a new machine. They even replaced the powder measure, primer feed tubes, spent primer bin, cartridge catch bin, sent new pickup tubes and replaced most internals in addition to a good cleaning.

I ran off a batch of .45 ACP soon as I got it set up using 1 of the older die sets I got with the machine. It functioned OK, only issues were the case at Station 1 (Size/DeCap) tended to miss the die every few rounds and needed to be hand-guided in -and- I had a bit of a problem getting the right crimp on the Rainier bullets. Today, swapped it over to use the new 9MM conversion I bought...(I wont mention how long the 1st changeover on this odd little weasel took me but regardless, next time will be better). Once running on the new die set, I found it to be a really slick little machine...none of the problems encountered with the .45 and couldn't ask for it to run any better.

I installed the Uniquetek "Precision Baffle" on both measures from the get-go so I don't really have a (Dillon) benchmark but loading Clays on the .45 and WSF on the 9MM, I was astonished at the accuracy of the throws. Every single charge weighed was spot-on and 10-throw averages were consistently within a tenth...never more than 2-tenths on 10 throws. As I said, no benchmark so the DPM may just be good but I've not seen that kind of accuracy.

Thank you Dillon (and especially, "John")...your reputation is well deserved. Next time I move up to something that plugs into an AC outlet, there's no doubt where my money will go.

I had a simmilar expirience. Simply put the best customer service I have ever had.

+1 I honestly like the hold message. Its something like "We must really be busy right now. If you would like you may ask for a massive price increase and get your own personal customer service agent."

Great people all of the great service. This world would be so much better if more companies had customer service like this.

I love me some Dillon. I had a primer feed bolt strip out, and called them expecting to buy another one. The guy on the phone said what's your address, and that was all that it was to it. No argument, no hassel, and just like they advertize NO BS