Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Computer Idiots!

DBeck77

I have spent about 4 hours so far getting one of the neighbor teens laptop free of ad-ware and other crapola. This dunce had every P2P program on the planet on this laptop and those things are bad about installing all sorts of malware. His mother (who is a dear friend, which is why I'm even doing this crap) brought it down and said she thought it had a virus or something :( It doesn't have a virus, it just has a bunch of crap bogging it down because the kid wants to download music for free.

I guess if I gave the kid a bill for $400 he might get the picture but my guess is that he will have the thing crawling again with crap in a month. I'm going to tell him that the first time is free, the next time is going to be expensive.

David

If it were for the kid only believe me it wouldn't ever have gotten done. I'm almost through fixing it after about 6 hours of pain and suffering. I'm going to tell his Mom that I won't fix it again if he installs any of the music nabbing software on it ever again. That should keep it safe for a couple of weeks.

This lady is like a second Mom to my children and one of the nicest people you could ever meet, her 16 year old son (whom I'm known since age 5) is a PITA. Surly, disrespectful, etc., all crap that my Dad would have beaten out of me in about 15 minutes. He also is (in his mind) an expert on everything like most kids his age. The good thing is that he is terrified of me because I'm not scared to tell him to quit being a dumb ass when I'm around and he starts up any BS. It pays to be big and ugly sometimes :)

David

Edited by DBeck77