benos

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got mine - now I need a seamstress :D

Same here, might try to talk dear old mom (she'd kick my arse if she read the word old..) into doing it for me. She used to do quite a bit of sewing when I was younger. I can handle putting it on the bag I'm sure but I might see about getting her to put one on my STI shirts.

Thanks, again to BE.

Edited by j2fast

Wife hand sews mine on my bag. She put the BEnos patch on my STI shirt and an STI patch and a Safariland patch on my shooting bag yesturday during the football game. She machine sewed the BEnos patch though. She is pretty handy to have around! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
$$ sent, though I'll be danged if I know how I'm gonna get it on my range bag. :unsure:
Short of having a heavy duty machine around, there is another option. An automatic awl. www.paragear.com Paragear is topshelf and I've done business with them for years.

Another option is to see if there is a drop zone in the area. www.uspa.org. If there is a drop zone, there has to be a rigger. Nearly every rigger I know is very pro 2nd Amt for some reason. Most I know would do the job for $5 or a 6-pack. Bring something Class 3 and the price would be zero if he could shoot it. If we can do a harness, sewing a patch on a range bag is a no-brainer. Yeah, we're easily bribed.

Wife hand sews mine on my bag. She put the BEnos patch on my STI shirt and an STI patch and a Safariland patch on my shooting bag yesturday during the football game. She machine sewed the BEnos patch though. She is pretty handy to have around! ;)

What needle/thread is she using?? I don't have time to hit a shoe repair place before the FL Open ;)

What needle/thread is she using?? I don't have time to hit a shoe repair place before the FL Open ;)

Just a regular needle and thread. And use one of those finger doo dads if you have one! Otherwise you will regret it! She hates doing it- but I am worth it! :D

Thanks for the Automatic Awl link Hank. That thing looks pretty cool.

I have the option of getting the next batch "iron on." Geoff and I talked about it, but we didn't think it was worth it. It seems like I have a memory of pretty much ending up sewing "iron on" patches on, anyway.

Vibes?

(And I'll link the pic in my original post.)

be

I have the option of getting the next batch "iron on." Geoff and I talked about it, but we didn't think it was worth it. It seems like I have a memory of pretty much ending up sewing "iron on" patches on, anyway.

Vibes?

(And I'll link the pic in my original post.)

be

I end up having the "iron on" ones sewed anyways- as they don't hold up as well. And I just linked to a picture of your patch a few posts ago. ;)

The needle on the thing is a pretty big gauge. It works real well on leather and heavy webbing. On finer fabrics like Cordura, which a lot of range bags are made of, it will leave a hole that may be a cosmetic issue. The needle is an off the shelf item and if there is an industrial sewing machine supply company locally I'd drop in the see if they would have a smaller gauge.

Go with E or F thread. Or the heaviest thread you can find at the Suzy-Homemaker sewing shop. Stronger and easier to work with. While at the sewing shop ask around to see if there may be someone who can tackle the job. Another option is to try a place that recovers furniture. Similiar sized machines as what we use.

(Guys need to go to a Suzy-Homemaker sewing shop at least once, alone. You'll then know what it's like for most women going to a gun shop.)

be

My memory of iron on patches is that they were a good idea that didn't work well in execution. Oh, and you really don't want to iron on range bags anyway. Most are Cordura which is a fabric made of nylon which will melt and scorch at a pretty low temperature. Plus you'll screw up the wifes iron which brings on a whole new set of problems to be solved. Edited by Hank Ellis