Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Called the A4 director this week.

He said that he would probably have the match application posted soon.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: :roflol: I still have some swamp land in Louisiana for sale..........

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will more than likely be three squads shooting all day Friday and two squads shooting all day Saturday and most shooting half days Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be for shoot offs and awards.

Thanks Bill,

I will need to make some adjustments for that contingency.

David C

There will more than likely be three squads shooting all day Friday and two squads shooting all day Saturday and most shooting half days Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be for shoot offs and awards.

I've negotiated $65/night for the shooters at the Rodeway Inn 2502 W. Loop 306, Phone # 325-944-4373. Mention USPSA for the reduced rate. Registration will probably be at the Rodeway if I can get access to their meeting room.

Bill,

Will squadding be on the USPSA website? I need to figure what nights for the hotel.

Thanks.

Bill

I emailed Rob Boudrie to give him a heads up and asked Bill Lane to be ready to do online reg from the Area 4 webpage, but Kenneth is the one who has to actually request activation of these services. I'll call him tomorrow and see how he wants to handle it. Stay tuned...

I hope the 50 rooms I blocked at the Roadway is sufficient. $65/night

• 2 weeks later...

The San Angelo guys put on a hell of a show. I already made my hotel reservations :cheers:

I guess we can just sign up the day of the match, since getting Hicks to approve an application (even one typed up by someone else) is an exercise in futility :roflol:

Alex

I guess we can just sign up the day of the match, since getting Hicks to approve an application (even one typed up by someone else) is an exercise in futility :roflol:

Alex

Just for fun I converted the Multi-gun Nationals application to the Area 4 Championship application in MS Word then made a PDF of same. I can send both just about anywhere in two (2) minutes.

David C

Talked to Hicks a Minute ago (July 16th) he said San angleo Nov 14-16th Match Entry Form should be on the area 4 web site by this weekend. Said Waynes got it and they just need to change a few things and get it over to bill lane to post.

Tick Toc TIck Toc Tick Toc :yawn:

Talked to Hicks a Minute ago (July 16th) he said San angleo Nov 14-16th Match Entry Form should be on the area 4 web site by this weekend. Said Waynes got it and they just need to change a few things and get it over to bill lane to post.

Tick Toc TIck Toc Tick Toc :yawn:

I am a fairly new shooter and this will be my first area level match. It is customary to wait this long for the application? Is this an advantage for some reason I do not see? Sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

Jerry

I am a fairly new shooter and this will be my first area level match. It is customary to wait this long for the application? Is this an advantage for some reason I do not see? Sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

Let's put it this way - there's a reason I'm going to A2 rather than stay relatively local to shoot my home Area match...

Hello: If they wait toooo long people will start making other plans to go on vacations etc. I am giving them the benefit of the dought that they know what's the right why to do a match. I do know that with gas prices and other things going on that many may not go on short notice or will choose to do a match closer to home. Please, let us know as soon as you can. Thanks, Eric

Hello: If they wait toooo long people will start making other plans to go on vacations etc. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they know what's the right way to do a match. I do know that with gas prices and other things going on that many may not go on short notice or will choose to do a match closer to home. Please, let us know as soon as you can. Thanks, Eric

Way too much credit.

Edited by Steve J

I had this one on my calendar as my first area match, but I have taken it off at this point for a several reasons.

1) Too much uncertainty.

2) Travel costs. (Eric is right. Gas costs are a major issue.)

3) I only have so many "whole-weekend" credits with the wife and my section is planning an RO certification class for the first weekend of November. I'll do that and shoot my November club match instead.

Jack

I just spoke with Ken Hicks about the match and they are actively working on posting a match application soon. There's a lot of speculation as to how the match is going to turn out but I assure you that if the San Angelo crew has anything to do with the match it will be nothing short of stellar. I don't think I have ever shot a crappy match in San Angelo. I am excited that they changed locations for this very reason. Be patient, it'll be worth it.

I don't think I have ever shot a crappy match in San Angelo. I am excited that they changed locations for this very reason. Be patient, it'll be worth it.

+1

They have the venue (lots o' space)

They have the experience (they did the first annual Caveman One-spear Championship)

They have stuff (I think they invented the roller coaster)

They have the folks (and lots of them)

They WILL put up a great match.

"They" are "The guys and gals from San Angelo...working their tails off to build a hell of a match."

David C :bow:

Edited by geezer-lock

There is no "they" in the process. There is one man. The Area 4 Director, Ken Hicks.

The guys and gals from San Angelo are working their tails off to build a hell of a match. The problems with that match all belong to one man. Call him and politely ask him why he hasn't approved the application.

Kenneth Hicks

936 858 3626 Home

936 858 3357 Work

936 858 2333 Fax

936 554 1908 Cell

This is PUBLIC information from the offical Area 4 homepage, located here: http://www.uspsa4.org/

Alex