Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drunken fools with guns

AustinMike

Great...more wonderful press for our black rifle "assault weapons." What idiots! Thankfully, they didn't manage to hurt or kill anyone (although it would have been nice if they had done us the favor of removing themselves from the gene pool.) One of the guys that runs a motorcycle forum I frequent works at the school involved and he said the guys were blasting AR's (while drunk) like they were at an al-qaeda rave. I have a hard enough time convincing some of them that guns aren't bad things. Sigh...

http://www.tribstar.com/local/local_story_003154432.html

Edited by AustinMike

If the folks you are trying to convince are not intelligent enough to realize that it is the morons shooting the guns that are bad and not the gun itself then you are wasting your breath. The press will ALWAYS put the worst possible spin on any situation that involves a gun.

New Years eve here in Albuquerque, a minister (?) of sorts from out of town was asleep in the backseat of his car which an associate was driving. The associate gets pulled over by the local law who discover that he has had his Oregon drivers license revoked for DWI and has two previous DWI convictions in Oregon. The law impounds the vehicle on the spot (local law), arrest the driver and call a cab for the minister who was asleep in the back seat. Long story short, the cab doesn't show up promptly (remember, New Years eve) so the minister starts walking to a convenience store about ten blocks away. Being in a lower class area of Albuquerque he hears loud popping noises around him. He tells the local bleeding heart news reporter that he knew that it was NOT fireworks and that he KNEW it was gunfire. I agree that this was probably true, but then the reporter quotes the minister as saying that he KNEW it was an AK-47 being fired! Go figure.

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

I have one in my neighborhood. It is just a matter of time before he gets arrested. We live in the county where it is legal to shoot, and he does shoot while drinking massive amounts of brew. I can't say that I have seen him shoot up in the air, or at anything other than targets, but sooner or later he is going to screw up, booze and shooting just don't mix.

Our homes are not close together as in some neighborhoods, but too close for my comfort sometimes.

I avoid him like the plague, so does anyone else who lives here that has any sense at all. He does have buddies who think he is really cool, I guess they will find out just how cool he really is one of these times.