Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

?rds For Rifle And Shotgun.

sidetracker,

go to the uspsa website and look at the stage diagrams for this year's 3-gun champ. this should give you an idea of rounds. most clubs matches won't be that involved.

http://www.uspsa.org

go to the match results secton, click on the 2003 3-gun results and the list of diagrams will be there.

good luck,

lynn jones

It usually depends on the stage. For rifle, I usually have a spare mag in my redi-mag and one extra "just in case" mag on my belt (90 rounds counting the mag in the rifle). For limited shotgun it depends on how many rounds the stage requires, I start loading off the gun (14 rounds there) and then move to either a wrist shell holder (8) or bandoleer (16). For open shotgun, I'll usually have at least 2 speedloaders as well as the shells on the gun

My rule of thumb for big matches is to always have twice as much ammo as the stage requires, so I'll usually have another spare rifle mag or shotshells on the belt for events like MM3G or 3 Gun Nationals. ALWAYS FINISH!

If you fumble a mag change or have to drop a mag to clear a jam, you don't want to be searching for your mag on the ground. always have a spare. I speak from experience. :lol:

In my experience most rifle stages run between 24 and 36 rounds but occassionally might go to mid 40s to encourage a reload. Most shotgun field courses run 16-22 rounds. If shooting open with speedloaders, make sure you have another source besides speedloaders. Until you've practiced and are 100% with speedloaders, gun too, I would carry at least 4 speedloaders in addition to whats on/in the gun. I usually carry one rifle reload on my belt and if the course of fire is long, have another in a back pocket.